Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
The Avengers new CD compilation collects all of their singles for the first time and combines them with the best of their album tracks, all re-mastered from the original tapes for the first time.
• The members of The Avengers (from New Zealand) were hand-picked by their manager Ken Cooper in early 1966 – to be the resident band at his new club in Wellington, New Zealand.
• After signing with HMV Records in early 1967, and their first single came from an itinerant songwriter Chris Malcom who made up a song during an evening performance in front of an HMV A&R man. By the end of that week Chris and the group had recorded ‘Everyone’s Gonna Wonder’, which was released in October 1967 and stormed into the National Top 20.
• The Avengers’ harmony pop-psych sound soon got them noticed around the world, and ‘Everyone’s Gonna Wonder’ was released in the UK on Parlophone and Jubilee in the USA where Billboard reviewed it as a ‘Hit Pick’.
• Legendary Australian singer- songwriter Brian Cadd (then with The Groop) predicated that “the Australian public is demanding a change and this must come. I think that The Avengers from New Zealand will be this change, their musical ability is exceptional”.
• The group spent 1967-69 chalking up hit records while extensively touring, leaving behind eight singles and three albums.
• The Avengers new CD compilation collects all of their singles for the first time and combines them with the best of their album tracks, all re-mastered from the original tapes for the first time.