BBR is thrilled to present this first ever CD edition of ERUPTION FEATURING PRECIOUS WILSON in an expanded and remastered edition in a deluxe super jewel case with a brand new interview with PRECIOUS WILSON as well as five bonus tracks.
Out of stock
• Formed in 1969 as Silent Eruption, their members hailed from Ghana, Curaçao, Guyana, and Jamaica. Precious Wilson, who joined Eruption in 1974, would add an element to the band’s sound that would take them to dizzying heights of success all over the world.
• While on the road in Germany, Eruption was discovered by the talent scout of producer Frank Farian who had just achieved his major international breakthrough with Boney M and Eruption signed a contract with the German-based label Hansa.
• The disco-inflected debut single ‘Party Party’, written by keyboard player Gerry Williams would find its way to the top 20 in both Belgium and The Netherlands.
• For Eruption’s second Hansa single release, a disco cover version of the Ann Peebles classic ‘I Can’t Stand The Rain’ (backed with ‘Be Yourself’) was selected and issued in November 1977. ‘I Can’t Stand The Rain’ broke big in 1978 and, with Wilson’s powerful vocals, became a huge international hit. As well as making the top ten in most European territories, the single reached #5 in the UK, #18 on the US Billboard Hot 100, and even made #1 in Australia.
• Eruption’s self-titled debut was released in December 1977. The album features Eruption’s own disco-inflected songs such as ‘Computer Love,’ ‘Wayward Love,’ and ‘Be Yourself’. The band put a remarkable disco spin on the Staple Singers’ classic ‘I’ll Take You There,’ with a surprising arrangement and Wilson’s soulful vocals, as well as the group’s funky rendition of Brass Construction’s ‘Movin’,’ and the classic ‘The Way We Were,’ with an admirable take by Precious Wilson who made the song her own.
• BBR is thrilled to present this first ever CD edition of ERUPTION FEATURING PRECIOUS WILSON in an expanded and remastered edition in a deluxe super jewel case with a brand new interview with PRECIOUS WILSON as well as five bonus tracks.