• “ELOQUENCE – The Total Works” is the definitive compilation of ex-Kraftwerk percussionist Wolfgang Flür’s electronic pop output from 2002 to the present day. As the ex electro-drummer of German electronic legends Kraftwerk, Flür, with his then musical partner Florian Schneider, developed the world’s first electric drum pads board in 1973 for their recordings and stage performances.
• “ELOQUENCE” starts with his sung autobiography, ‘I Was A Robot’ which was a No.6 hit on the German Club charts; Flür’s Kraftwerk heritage is evident, but, whereas Kraftwerk were known for their stripped down arrangements, Flür overlays lush melodies that fuse elements of electronica, jazz, Krautrock, dance music and verbatim theatre into one truly timeless and innovative album. Flür states, “If Kraftwerk played minimal electro, then I now play maximal electro.”
• The second track, ‘Cover Girl’, was intended as Wolfgang’s Mk.II to Kraftwerk’s ‘The Model’, “a story to follow the mannequin’s career………. unfortunately, to her end!”. Since 2004, Flür has been presenting house, industrial and electro music worldwide in clubs and at festivals as the ‘Musik Soldat’. This has led to some amazing international collaborations which are gathered together for the first time ever and showcased on ELOQUENCE.
• Flür’s collaboration with Nitzer Ebb’s Bon Harris produced the track ‘Axis of Envy’. Flür also co-operated with Anni Hogan (former Marc & The Mambas pianist / musical director) on the delicate and affecting closing track ‘Golden Light’. Wolfgang’s collaborations are as global as his stature; Moda Makina (Fashion Machine) having been created with Ramón Amezcua of Mexican band Nortec Collective.
• One final highlight of this innovative, eclectic and warmly electronic album is Flür’s collaboration with Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto on ‘Staying In The Shadow’.
• “ELOQUENCE”, in all of its editions – Clear Vinyl Double LP with download code, CD and Download – is a truly international collection including German versions of ‘Cover Girl’ and ‘On The Beam’ and a Japanese version of ‘On The Beam’ sung by ex-Pizzicato Five’s vocalist Nomiya Maki.
N.B. This title is released 8th January 2016 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. I WAS A ROBOT
2. COVER GIRL (THE NINJANEER MIX)
3. ON THE BEAM
4. BLUE SPARK
1. AXIS OF ENVY with BON HARRIS
2. MODA MAKINA (FASHION MACHINE)
with RAMÓN AMEZCUA
3. BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY
4. BEAT PERFECTO
5. STAYING IN THE SHADOW with JACK DANGERS
1. PLEASURE LANE
2. SILK PAPER
3. I WAS A ROBOT (RADIO EDIT)
4. GOLDEN LIGHT with ANNI HOGAN
1. COVER GIRL (ENGLISH VERSION)
2. COVER GIRL (GERMAN VERSION)
3. ON THE BEAM (GERMAN VERSION)
4. ON THE BEAM (JAPANESE VERSION)
with NOYIMA MAKI
5. ON THE BEAM (TOKYO MINIMAL MIX)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.