Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
£11.99Released June 4, 2021.
The proverbial musical chameleon, Duncan Browne recorded the post-psych chamber pop classic Give Me, Take You album in 1968 before re-emerging four years later with the introspective singer/songwriter hit single ‘Journey’.
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2017 .
• The proverbial musical chameleon, Duncan Browne recorded the post-psych chamber pop classic Give Me, Take You album in 1968 before re-emerging four years later with the introspective singer/songwriter hit single ‘Journey’.
• By the mid-1970s, he had signed to the Transatlantic label as a member of Euro art rock sophisticates Metro, a trio whose calling card, ‘Criminal World’, was covered by David Bowie on his 1983 album Let’s Dance, which went on to sell over ten million copies.
• Leaving Metro after their debut album, Duncan resumed his solo career, recording two highly-regarded late 1970s albums for Transatlantic (by now re-branded Logo), with The Wild Places and its title track single both reaching the Top Ten in one or two European territories.
• This anthology covers his time with Transatlantic/Logo, both with Metro and as a solo performer. It includes the long-lost late 1979 recording ‘China Girl’ (no relation to the Bowie/Iggy Pop song), which now gains its first-ever release in any format.
1. CRIMINAL WORLD
3. OVERTURE TO FLAME
5. MONO MESSIAH
6. BLACK LACE SHOULDER
8. ONE-WAY NIGHT
10. CRIMINAL WORLD (SINGLE EDIT)
11. THE WILD PLACES
12. ROMAN VECU
13. CAMINO REAL (PTS 1, 2 AND 3)
16. THE CRASH
1-9: THE ALBUM METRO, TRANSATLANTIC TRA 340
10: METRO A-SIDE, TRANSATLANTIC BIG 560
11-16: THE ALBUM THE WILD PLACES, LOGO 1007
1. PLANET EARTH
3. AMERICAN HEARTBEAT
4. SHE’S JUST A FALLEN ANGEL
5. STREETS OF FIRE
6. NINA MORENA
7. THINGS TO COME
8. (RESTLESS) CHILD OF CHANGE
9. CANCION DE CUNA STREET ECHOES (FOR M.)
10. CHINA GIRL
11. THE TOYS
12. THE WILD PLACES (SINGLE EDIT)
13. CAMINO REAL (PTS 2 AND 3) (SINGLE EDIT)
14. STREETS OF FIRE (SINGLE EDIT)
1: THE ALBUM THE WILD PLACES, LOGO 1007
2-9: THE ALBUM STREETS OF FIRE, LOGO 1016
10: PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED – LATE 1979 OUT-TAKE
11: UNRELEASED AT THE TIME – LATE 1979 OUT-TAKE
12-13: SINGLE, LOGO GO 329
14: B-SIDE OF LOGO GO 361