Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
DREAM ON is one of four George Duke classic jazz/funk albums being reissued by SoulMusic.com Records in 2011. This expanded edition includes US single edits of `Shine On’ and `Ride On Love.’
Out of stock
* After his US R&B success with “Reach For It” (1977) and “Dukey Stick” (1978), DREAM ON was jazz’n’funk pioneer George Duke’s eighth album for Epic Records.
* Released in 1982, DREAM ON was one of George’s best selling albums for Epic, a US Top 20 R&B, Top 10 Jazz and Top 100 pop charted album. The single, `Shine On’ was also George’s fourth biggest R&B-charted single, a success on the dance music charts and George’s second highest pop chart entry during his Epic years.
* The master keyboardist was the primary writer on most of the album’s ten tracks with the exception of the title tune, co-penned by Felton Pilate of Con-Funk-Shun fame.
* DREAM ON’s line-up includes Ndugu Chancler on drums, Byron Miller on bass and Michael Sembello on guitar. Renowned vocalists Jean Carn and Flora Purim are also featured on `Son Of Reach For It (Funky Dream),’ a continuation of George’s 1978 classic `Reach For It.’ Key cuts on DREAM ON include the funky `Ride On Love,’ another US R&B charted single and a remake of `Someday,’ which George had recorded in 1975.
* DREAM ON is one of four George Duke classic jazz/funk albums being reissued by SoulMusic.com Records in 2011. This expanded edition includes US single edits of `Shine On’ and `Ride On Love.’