Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• STUMP were definitely one-of-a-kind, a peculiar and highly innovative mix of Talking Heads, Captain Beefheart, 70s art rock and 80s post-punk.
• The Anglo-Irish quartet emerged in 1986 with an EP on Ron Johnson, Mud On A Colon, and the track ‘Buffalo’, which also appeared on the NME’s C86 cassette.
• After a debut album Quirk Out on their own label, they signed in 1987 to Ensign and enjoyed some success with the single ‘Charleston Heston’ and album A Fierce Pancake.
• Named after one of the many bizarre lyrics from ‘Buffalo’, Does The Fish Have Chips offers Stump’s entire pre-Ensign output, including two rare compilation appearances and their iconic Peel session (issued at the time as a 12” on Strange Fruit).
• Also included are a handful of later recordings from 1988/89, after their time with Ensign, including two contributions to an Edward Barton tribute album by respective pairs of the band.
• Members of Stump have been closely involved with this long-overdue and worthwhile collection.
1. ORGASM WAY
2. ICE THE LEVANT
3. GRAB HANDS
5. TUPPERWARE STRIPPER
6. OUR FATHERS
7. KITCHEN TABLE
9. EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE
10. BIT PART ACTOR
11. BIG END
12. DOWN ON THE KITCHEN TABLE
(John Peel Session)
13. ORGASM WAY (John Peel Session)
14. GRAB HANDS (John Peel Session)
15. BUFFALO (John Peel Session)
16. LIVING IT DOWN
17. THE QUEEN AND THE POPE
18. SEVEN SISTERS
19. THE LIPSTICK MAKER
21. LOVE IS TOO SMALL A WORD
22. KING OF A FLAT COUNTRY – Robert McKahey & Kev Hopper
23. KNOB GOB – Mick Lynch & Chris Salmon
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 26TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE ‘ORDER NOW’ BUTTON BELOW…
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.