The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
This set includes remastered audio, plus new liner notes from Classic Rock’s Malcolm Dome based on recent interviews with Graham Bonnet. The Graham Bonnet Band and a reformed Alcatrazz will be touring together in 2017.
• After achieving worldwide recognition fronting Rainbow in 1980, Graham Bonnet returned to his solo career for 1981’s “Line-Up” (also available on HNE) followed by a very brief stint with The Michael Schenker Group for 1982’s “Assault Attack”, before forming Alcatrazz in 1983, with Swedish guitar maestro Yngwie J. Malmsteen.
• Alcatrazz released a total of three studio albums; “No Parole From Rock ‘N’ Roll” in 1983, “Disturbing The Peace” in 1985, where Malmsteen was replaced by former Frank Zappa alumni Steve Vai, before he in turn left to join David Lee Roth, and be replaced by guitarist Danny Johnson, for 1986’s “Dangerous Games”.
• Among the originals included on “Dangerous Games” was a cover of The Animals’ ‘It’s My Life’, as well as a re-reading of ‘Only One Woman’, a song written by Robin, Maurice and Barry Gibb that had previously been a hit for Graham’s pop duo The Marbles way back in 1968.
• Also included is a very rare and previously unreleased live “audience” recording from Long Island, captured in November 1986 on the “Dangerous Games” tour. Included are unique, if rough and ready versions of Alcatrazz classics ‘Island In The Sun’ and ‘God Blessed Video’, as well as Rainbow hits ‘Since You Been Gone’ and ‘All Night Long’.
• The set includes remastered audio, plus new liner notes from Classic Rock’s Malcolm Dome based on recent interviews with Graham Bonnet. The Graham Bonnet Band and a reformed Alcatrazz will be touring together in 2017.