Concrete And Clay offers Unit 4 + 2’s entire recordings from 1964-1969 in one place, remastered with detailed sleeve-notes in the accompanying booklet.
Out of stock
• Best known for their huge international hit single from 1965, ‘Concrete And Clay’, Unit 4 + 2 were a part of the British Beat explosion, with a strong emphasis on vocal harmony. Their guitarist was Russ Ballard, who later enjoyed further fame with Argent and as a solo artist.
• The band four hits in total, the others being their debut 45 ‘Green Fields’ (No. 48, 1964), ‘(You’ve) Never Been in Love Like This Before’ (No. 14, 1965) and ‘Baby Never Say Goodbye’ (No. 49, 1966).
• Unit 4 + 2 signed to Decca in 1964, enjoying notable success and recording a string of singles, an EP and an album for the label before over a three-year period.
• In 1967, the band switched to Fontana, updating their sound for the ‘summer of love’ period with a handful of highly collectable 45s (which now appeal to both latter-day Mods and Psychedelia fans), as well as a self-titled compilation album boasting exclusive material.
• For the first time, this new 2-CD set boasts Unit 4 + 2’s entire recorded output, comprising 14 singles, an EP and two albums and a US-only B-side, remastered, with new sleeve-notes in which original band members are interviewed.
• Concrete And Clay offers Unit 4 + 2’s entire recordings from 1964-1969 in one place, remastered with detailed sleeve-notes in the accompanying booklet.