The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
80s indie stalwarts trading in politically energised guitar pop – a true treasure chest of hooks, riffs and leftist messages.
Hailing from Barking, Essex, McCarthy are today considered one of the standard bearing politically inclined bands of that era, possessed of a broader outlook and wittier, better observed lyrics than most of the competition.
This four disc set comprises the bands three albums (originally recorded between 1987 and 1990), related singles and b-sides, and a sixteen track BBC sessions collection, most of which is previously unreleased.
➢ Albums packaged in mini LP replica wallets, and presented – along with a booklet – in a hard clamshell case.
➢ Contains countless classic originals and classic live sessions versions.
➢ 75 tracks, including 3 indie top ten albums and several indie chart hit singles
➢ Also includes 12 songs recorded for the legendary John Peel.
➢ Excellent value and a must have for anybody with an interest in the 1980s’ British independent and alternative scenes or politically minded guitar pop.
McCarthy disbanded in 1990 and two of its members went on to form the wonderful Stereolab. Other members have gone on to work in popular music and the media, and the band often receive exposure from Manic Street Preachers, who regularly cite their work as both beloved and influential.
Please Note: This title is released November 24 and will not be dispatched before this date.
I AM A WALLET (PLUS BONUS TRACKS)
1. AN MP SPEAKS
3. THE INTERNATIONAL NARCOTICS TRAFFIC
4. THE WAY OF THE WORLD
6. CHARLES WINDSOR
7. THE VISION OF PEREGRINE WORSTHORNE
8. THE WELL OF LONELINESS
9. THE WICKED PALACE REVOLUTION
10. GOD MADE THE VIRUS
11. THE FUNERAL
12. A CHILD SOON IN CHAINS
13. IN THE DARK TIMES
14. THE PROCESSION OF POPULAR CAPITALISM
15. IN PURGATORY
16. THE COMRADE ERA
17. SOMETHING WRONG SOMEWHERE
18. RED SLEEPING BEAUTY
19. FROM THE DAMNED
20. THE ENEMY IS AT HOME
21. THE FALL
22. KILL KILL KILL KILL
23. BAD DREAMS
24. SOMEONE WORSE OFF
25. ANTIAMERICAN CRETIN
27. THIS NELSON ROCKEFELLER
THE ENRAGED SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH (PLUS BONUS TRACKS)
1. BOY MEETS GIRL SO WHAT
2. GOVERNING TAKES BRAINS
3. AN ADDRESS TO THE BETTER OFF
4. HANDS OFF OR DIE /
5. WHAT OUR BOYS ARE FIGHTING FOR
6. KEEP AN OPEN MIND OR ELSE
7. WE ARE ALL BORN CREEPS
8. THE HOME SECRETARY BRIEFS THE FORCES OF LAW AND ORDER
9. I’M NOT A PATRIOT BUT
10. THROW HIM OUT HE’S BREAKING MY HEART
11. SHOULD THE BIBLE BE BANNED?
12. WE ARE ALL BOURGEOIS NOW
13. SAINT FRANCIS AMONGST THE MORTALS
14. BOY MEETS GIRL SO WHAT (‘AT WAR’ EP VERSION)
15. ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
16. THE NEW LEFT REVIEW #2
17. THE LION WILL LAY DOWN WITH THE LAMB
BANKING, VIOLENCE AND THE INNER LIFE TODAY (PLUS BONUS TRACKS)
1. I’M ON THE SIDE OF MANKIND AS MUCH AS THE NEXT MAN
2. AND TOMORROW THE STOCK EXCHANGE WILL BE THE HUMAN RACE
3. NOW IS THE TIME FOR AN IRON HAND
4. THE DRINKING SONG OF THE MERCHANT BANKERS
5. WRITE TO YOUR MP TODAY
6. USE A BANK I’D RATHER DIE /
7. I WORKED MYSELF UP FROM NOTHING /
8. THE WELL-FED POINT OF VIEW /
9. GET A KNIFE BETWEEN YOUR TEETH /
10. TAKE THE SHORTEST WAY WITH THE MEN OF VIOLENCE /
11. YOU’LL HAVE TO PUT AN END TO THEM
12. NOBODY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE
13. WITH ONE EYE ON GETTING THEIR PAY
14. CAN THE HAVES USE THEIR BRAINS?
15. YOU’RE ALIVE
THE COMPLETE BBC SESSIONS (1986-1988)
1. A CHILD SOON IN CHAINS
2. FRANS HALS
3. AN MP SPEAKS
5. THE WICKED PALACE REVOLUTION
6. THE VISION OF PEREGRINE WORSTHORNE
7. THE WELL OF LONELINESS
9. CHARLES WINDSOR
10. THE FUNERAL
11. SHOULD THE BIBLE BE BANNED?
12. THIS NELSON ROCKERFELLER
13. THE MYTH OF THE NORTH-SOUTH DIVIDE
14. I’M NOT A PATRIOT BUT….
15. KEEP AN OPEN MIND OR ELSE
16. THE LION WILL LIE DOWN WITH THE LAMB
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.