Hot Shot Records’ 2CD deluxe edition of Carly Simon’s COMING AROUND AGAIN features 17 bonus tracks and an in-depth interview with Carly.
Carly’s classic comeback album celebrates turning 30 with a deluxe edition curated by the lady herself…
Carly Simon first burst on to the pop scene in 1971 when her debut Elektra single, ‘That’s The Way I’ve Always Heard It Should Be’, landed in the US top ten. Two years later her legendary #1 hit ‘You’re So Vain’ caused a sensation. The hits continued with ‘Mockingbird’ (With James Taylor), ‘Nobody Does It Better’ (from “The Spy Who Loved Me”), ‘You Belong To Me’ (co-written with Michael McDonald), and ‘Why’, her collaboration with Chic.
By the mid-eighties, Simon’s album sales had declined and she felt less relevant in the marketplace. That all changed when Clive Davis signed her to Arista Records, which had already restored the commercial fortunes of both Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin. Simon’s first release on the label was her 1986 single “Coming Around Again” which was the theme song from the movie “Heartburn” starring Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson. The single made #18, returning Simon to the Billboard top 20 for the first time in six years. The song also made #5 on the AC chart, and went on to make the top ten in the UK and Ireland.
COMING AROUND AGAIN followed in April 1987 with production from the likes of Paul Samwell-Smith, Frank Filipetti, John Boylan and Richard Perry and made #25 in both the US and UK. The album also spun off three additional hit singles in the form of ‘Give Me All Night’ (AC #5/Pop #61), ‘The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of’ (AC #8/IRE #28), and ‘All I Want Is You’ (AC #7/Pop #54). Carly’s cover version of the ‘As Time Go By’ (Featuring Stevie Wonder) and ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’ (also from “Heartburn”) received further airplay. An HBO special CARLY IN CONCERT – COMING AROUND AGAIN filmed on Martha’s Vineyard in June 1987 added to the album’s success. Simon was then asked to write music for the film “Working Girl” from which ‘Let The River Run’ (AC #11/Pop #49/UK #79) continued her hit streak and even won her an Oscar for best song.
Hot Shot Records’ 2CD deluxe edition of COMING AROUND AGAIN features 17 bonus tracks and an in-depth interview with Carly.
1. COMING AROUND AGAIN
2. GIVE ME ALL NIGHT
3. AS TIME GOES BY
4. DO THE WALLS COME DOWN
5. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME
6. THE STUFF THAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
7. TWO HOT GIRLS (ON A HOT SUMMER NIGHT)
8. YOU HAVE TO HURT
9. ALL I WANT IS YOU
10. HOLD WHAT YOU’VE GOT
11. ITSY BITSY SPIDER
13. THE WIVES ARE IN CONNECTICUT
14. IF IT WASN’T LOVE (From “Nothing In Common”)
15. LET THE RIVER RUN (From “Working Girl”)
16. SLEIGHT OF HAND
17. GIVE ME ALL NIGHT (12” Extended Remix)
CARLY IN CONCERT – COMING AROUND AGAIN
1. NOBODY DOES IT BETTER (Live Version)
2. YOU’RE SO VAIN (Live Version)
3. IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY (Live Version)
4. ANTICIPATION (Live Version)
5. THE RIGHT THING TO DO (Live Version)
6. DO THE WALLS COME DOWN (Live Version)
7. YOU BELONG TO ME (Live Version)
8. TWO HOT GIRLS (ON A HOT SUMMER NIGHT) (Live Version)
9. ALL I WANT IS YOU (Live Version)
10. COMING AROUND AGAIN/ITSY BITSY SPIDER (Live Version)
11. NEVER BEEN GONE (Live Version)