The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• Brazil’s Milton Nascimento is a musical giant. Clube Da Esquina (Club on the Corner), first released in 1972, is one of Brazil’s most important albums.
• With Lô Borges, Milton Nascimento created a double album celebrating the music and musicians of their home state Minas Gerais.
• Remaining true to Brazilian music, the album also had influences from Paul McCartney, Procul Harum and Stevie Wonder, and had a focus on vocals. The album was composed over six months in Piratininga, north of Rio. Clube Da Esquina took Brazilian music somewhere new with touches of music from Chile and Paraguay. It still sounds fresh – the melodies, the lush arrangements and Nascimento’s yearning voice are timeless.
• The Clube Da Esquina itself was an artistic collective in Minas Gerais of which Nascimento and Borges were founders. Clube Da Esquina exerted as strong an influence on Brazil as Tropicália, and this classic album became its mission statement.
• Milton Nascimento is touring the world during September and October and will visit the UK – the reissue of this milestone of Brazilian music is timely.
• It has not been available on CD outside Brazil since 1994 and the USA in 1995.
NB: This title is released on October 20, 2014 and will not be dispatched until this date.
*This album is available to be purchased as part of a bundle deal, 2 albums for £14.99 – Click here for more information:- www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4910
1. TUDO QUE VOCÊ PODIA SER
3. TREM AZUL
4. SAÍDAS E BANDEIRAS N? 1
5. NUVEM CIGANA
6. CRAVO E CANELA
7. DOS CRUCES
8. UM GIRASSOL DA COR DE SEU CABELO
9. SAN VICENTE
11. CLUBE DA ESQUINA Nº 2
12. PAISAGEM DA JANELA
13. ME DEIXA EM PAZ
14. OS POVOS
15. SAÍDAS E BANDEIRAS N? 2
16. UM GOSTO DE SOL
17. PELO AMOR DE DEUS
19. TREM DE DOIDO
20. NADA SERÁ COMO ANTES
21. AO QUE VAI NASCER
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.