• Soul Time is a new label within the Cherry Red family devoted to the perennial cult music genre, Northern Soul, which is currently enjoying yet another resurgence.
• Soul Time is overseen by long time Northern Soul fan Joe Boy, who has been imaginatively compiling the genre for many years and most recently for Outta Sight.
• Casino Classics was a club label created in 1978 by DJ Russ Winstanley (founder of the famed Wigan Casino All-Nighter) and Casino manager Mike Walker. It was distributed by the newly formed R.K. Records owned by Robert and Barry Kingston the production team behind many earlier homegrown records on the Spark label.
• Between 1978 and 1980, Casino Classics issued a steady stream of 45s and two compilation albums, Chapters One and Two combining some of the scene’s most memorable American originals with other tracks recorded especially for the label. Following the closure of the Casino in 1981 the final Chapter was released featuring tracks compiled and recorded before the demise of the club.
• Casino Classics – Complete Collection is the first time that these best-selling albums have ever been released on CD. This beautifully-curated 3-CD set boasts everything issued on the Casino Classics label back in the day, including every album and every single.
• Among the US originals are enduring Northern hits by Gloria Jones (‘Tainted Love’, as covered by Soft Cell), ‘Sliced Tomatoes’ by Just Brothers (famously sampled by Fatboy Slim) and the immortal ‘three before eight’ end-of-the-nighters by Dean Parrish, Tobi Legend and Jimmy Radcliffe. Many of the British productions have never been reissued before!
• Casino Classics – Complete Collection follows two movies which celebrated the cultural impact of the Wigan Casino: Soul Boy (2010) and Northern Soul (2014).
• The box set has been painstakingly assembled, with detailed sleeve-notes and a myriad of rare photos and memorabilia, which is set to evoke fond memories from Northern Soul fans.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.