• A best-kept secret among fans of 60s Mod and blue- eyed soul, James Royal enjoyed a decade-long career with releases on Decca, Parlophone, CBS, Carnaby and Philips and yet has never been treated to an official retrospective CD compilation – until now.
• Compiled and coordinated with the involvement of James himself, Call My Name finally offers a cross- section of James’ recording career, starting with his debut in 1964 and scrolling through his four highly collectable sides for Parlophone and the cream of his prolific output for CBS between 1967 and 1970.
• It’s named after James’ most famous song, ‘Call My Name’, an uptempo Motown-influenced track which was a hit across Europe and was also belatedly popular on the Northern Soul scene and in Mod Revival clubs.
• Mastered from the original tapes, many of these tracks have never been reissued before on any format.
• James has provided a raft of period cuttings and previously unpublished photos for the booklet.
• Also includes James’ very first vinyl outing on the Ready Steady Win album from 1964 (as Jimmy Royal & The Hawks).
• A must for any fan of 60s blue-eyed soul!
1. SHE’S ABOUT A MOVER - James Royal & The Hawks
2. BLACK CLOUD - James Royal & The Hawks
3. WORK SONG
4. I CAN’T STAND IT
5. I’M LEAVING YOU - Jimmy Royal & The Hawks
6. CALL MY NAME
7. WHEN IT COMES TO MY BABY
8. GREEN DAYS
9. HEY LITTLE BOY
10. I’VE LOST YOU
11. SEND OUT LOVE
12. THRU’ THE LOVE
13. A WOMAN CALLED SORROW
14. TIME HANGS ON MY MIND
15. I'VE SOMETHING BAD ON MY MIND
16. SHE'S INDEPENDENT
17. YOU’D BETTER RUN
18. A LITTLE BIT OF RAIN
19. I CAN’T STAND IT
20. HOUSE OF JACK
21. LITTLE RED WAGON
22. I’M GOING HOME
23. AND SOON THE DARKNESS
24. WHICH WAY TO NOWHERE
25. SITTING IN THE STATION