The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• A best-kept secret among fans of 60s Mod and blue- eyed soul, James Royal enjoyed a decade-long career with releases on Decca, Parlophone, CBS, Carnaby and Philips and yet has never been treated to an official retrospective CD compilation – until now.
• Compiled and coordinated with the involvement of James himself, Call My Name finally offers a cross- section of James’ recording career, starting with his debut in 1964 and scrolling through his four highly collectable sides for Parlophone and the cream of his prolific output for CBS between 1967 and 1970.
• It’s named after James’ most famous song, ‘Call My Name’, an uptempo Motown-influenced track which was a hit across Europe and was also belatedly popular on the Northern Soul scene and in Mod Revival clubs.
• Mastered from the original tapes, many of these tracks have never been reissued before on any format.
• James has provided a raft of period cuttings and previously unpublished photos for the booklet.
• Also includes James’ very first vinyl outing on the Ready Steady Win album from 1964 (as Jimmy Royal & The Hawks).
• A must for any fan of 60s blue-eyed soul!