The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• When two icons of electronic music team up for a collaborative project, the result is destined to become something extraordinary. New album “Beginn” is a deft fusion of the talents of Claudia Brücken – famously the lead vocalist of revered German avant-pop 80s group Propaganda – and Jerome Froese – who, as son of electronic music pioneer and Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese, was himself a driving force and member of Tangerine Dream during one of their most successful and creative phases. Tangerine Dream, the German band widely credited as being the founding fathers of the whole ‘ambient’ genre.
• Brücken’s unmistakable voice covers an astounding bandwidth from ethereally fragile to experienced diva. Her unique vocals blend into fascinating electronic song structures that mix Froese’s trademark Guitartronica with synth-led gems that range from the loungecore to the experimental. Some tracks resonate as if an electronic re-imagining of the intricacies of the celebrated shoe-gaze sound of the Cocteau Twins. Other tracks pay equal homage to the fascinating electro-cool of the early 80s New Wave; whereas throughout, the underpinning of dextrous breakbeat attacks are, also, often in evidence.
• ‘Beginn’ is a hybrid maelstrom of electronic sounds and sonic dreamscapes. It demonstrates the influence of both Froese’s and Brücken’s acclaimed output to date: Froese’s solo work and the Tangerine Dream albums he partook in and Brücken’s long and varied career as an icon of electronic pop in Propaganda, Act, OneTwo and as a distinguished solo artist. Suzanne Freytag, Brücken’s co-vocalist in Propaganda, also collaborates on the song ‘Sweet Sense [of] Liberation’, the album’s lead single.
• ‘Beginn’ – a work of electronic art that evokes a compelling and fascinating aesthetic at the same time as having mesmerisingly catchy pop moments.
• The special foldout digipak CD packaging and booklet has been designed by Philip Marshall (ZTT, 808 State, Frankie Goes To Hollywood) with the input of Claudia, Jerome and Paul Morley.
1. (THE) LAST DANCE
3. FLIGHT (OF) FANCY
5. LIGHT (OF THE) RISING SUN
6. WHISPERS (OF) IMMORTALITY
7. SOUND (OF THE) WAVES
8. STARS WALKING BACKWARDS
10. SWEET SENSE (OF) LIBERATION
11. UNBOUND SPACES