Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
A double CD inspired by the spurious idea that Brain Eno might just have a jukebox (or two) of weird sounds housing mind-blowing pop and ambient sounds. Featuring a disc of suitably inspirational wonky pop music alongside a disc of vintage ambient musings to cater for each and every oblique occurrence.
A double CD inspired by the spurious idea that Brain Eno might just have a jukebox (or two) of weird sounds housing mind-blowing pop and ambient sounds.
Featuring a disc of suitably inspirational wonky pop music alongside a disc of vintage ambient musings to cater for each and every oblique occurrence.
Disc one includes the original versions of Eno covered classics ‘Fever’ and ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’ along with inspirational sound purveyors as diverse as Little Richard, Gene Chandler, Sun Ra and Moondog along with a gaggle of uplifting spiritual classics.
While disc two traces the roots of ambient music from Ornette Coleman and Miles Davis through Daphne Oram and Raymond Scott to Harry Partch and Marcel Duchamp.
Which begs the question: “Why take two jukeboxes into the shower – when you can have it all on one?”
Remastered from the original sound sources with sleevenotes by MOJO magazine’s Dave Henderson.
1. OOH! MY SOUL – Little Richard
2. TAKE MY LOVE (I WANT TO GIVE IT ALL TO YOU) – Little Willie John
3. LIFE’S TOO SHORT – The Lafayettes
4. THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT – The Tokens
5. DIAMONDS AND PEARLS – The Paradons
6. ZIP-A-DEE DOO-DAH – Bob B Soxx & The Blue Jeans
7. MOTHER-IN-LAW – Ernie K Doe
8. DUKE OF EARL – Gene Chandler & The Dukays
9. BRING IT ON HOME TO ME – Sam Cooke
10. FEVER – Little Willie John
11. YOU’RE SO FINE – The Falcons
12. THIS BITTER EARTH – Dinah Washington
13. NIGHT AND DAY – Raymond Scott
14. THE NEARNESS OF YOU – Glenn Miller and his Orchestra
15. DREAMING – The Cosmic Rays with Sun Ra and his Arkestra
16. SONG OF THE SECOND MOON – Tom Dissevelt and Kid Baltan
17. ALL IS LONELINESS – Moondog
18. GOODNIGHT IRENE – Leadbelly
19. GET AWAY JORDAN (I WANT TO CROSS OVER) – Dorothy Love Coates and the Original Gospel Harmonettes
20. GO WHERE I SEND THEE – The Golden Gate Quartet
21. JUST AS SWEET AS HE CAN BE – James Cleveland with the Gospel Chimes
22. I GAVE MY LOVE A CHERRY – Tennessee Ernie Ford
23. I’LL FLY AWAY – Jim Reeves
24. IN THEM OLD COTTONFIELDS BACK HOME – Johnny Cash
1. LONELY WOMAN – Ornette Coleman
2. SO WHAT – Miles Davis
3. DREAM – John Cage
4. COME BACK TO EARTH WITH ME – Louis and Bebe Barron
5. FORDOMMELSE (EXCERPT) – Else Marie Pade
6. RHYTHMIC VARIATIONS I – Daphne Oram
7. LOW SPEED (EXCERPT) – Otto Luening
8. ECTOPLASM – Raymond Scott
9. IGNITION – Thomas Dissevelt
10. THREE SINGLE SOUNDS TAKEN IN CANON I – Daphne Oram
11. SLEEPY TIME – Raymond Scott
12. ATMOSPHERES (EXCERPT) – Gyorgy Ligeti
13. PIECE FOR TAPE RECORDER (EXCERPT) – Vladimir Ussachevsky
14. SUITE NO. 1 – FIRST MOVEMENT – Moondog
15. OSTINATO PIANISSIMO – Henry Cowell
16. THE BEWITCHED – SCENE 1 – Harry Partch
17. ERRATUM MUSICAL (FOR THREE VOICES) – Marcel Duchamp