• THE LONG-AWAITED FOLLOW-UP!
• 24 TRACKS—MOST FIRST TIMEON CD!
• ALL SOURCED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
Once more, NOW SOUNDS raids the Capitol Records vaults in Hollywood for late-’60s Psychedelic Pop/Soft Pop obscurities and unearths a treasure trove of first-time-on-CD gems.
Productions by the likes of MICHAEL LLOYD collide with arrangements by MORT GARSON and GENE PAGE and compositions by HARRY NILSSON and KIM FOWLEY, and performances by many legendary Wrecking Crew members, proving why Capitol Records was the undisputed leader of pop during this pivotal era.
ALL original Capitol singles, circa 1966–1969, are sourced from ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES. Some are presented here in STEREO for the first time ever! Most tracks are FIRST TIME ON CD!
The 24-page, full-colour booklet also includes rare, unpublished photos and extensive track-by-track liner notes that feature the participation of many original band members, arrangers, and producers.
Mastered by Alan Brownstein FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES! Produced and compiled by STEVE STANLEY
|1. CATCH THE LOVE PARADE - The Staccatos
2. TIMES WILL BE HARD - The Tombstones
3. DON’T TAKE VERY MUCH TO SEE TOMORROW – The Laughing Wind
4. FOR MARY’S SAKE - These Vizitors
5. I CAN’T GO ON - Chris And Craig
6. MASQUERADE - Jesse Lee Kindcaid
7. PRETTY DAISY - The Knack
8. OCTOBER COUNTRY -Raw Edge
9. GROOVY DAY - Ian Whitcomb
10. PORTOBELLO ROAD - Ellie Janov
11. FIRE ENGINE SKY - Michael Blodgett
12. WHEN DIANA PAINTS THE PICTURE - Robbi Curtice
13. TROLLEY CAR LINE - Timothy Clover
14. LITTLE TOY -The Unforscene
15. SKIP-A-LONG SAM - The Sugar Shoppe
16. SIDEWALK SKIPPER SONG - Sidewalk Skipper Band
17. MIDNIGHT SUN -The Pink Cloud
18. ALONE ALONE - James Flemming
19. HELLO LOVE - The Tuneful Trolley
20. SONG THE CITY SINGS - The New Kick
21. DON’T LEAVE ME -Griffin
22. THAT BLUEBIRD OF SUMMER - The Surf Symphony
23. GOOD TO BE AROUND - The Laughing Wind
24. THE END - Ian Whitcomb