Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
Robinsongs is proud to announce a keenly awaited repress for the Very Best of collection from Idris Muhammad’s CTI / Kudu album tracks.
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2015
• Robinsongs is proud to announce a keenly awaited repress for the Very Best of collection from Idris Muhammad’s CTI / Kudu album tracks.
• This collection includes the Jazz Funk Classics ‘Could Heaven Ever Be Like This’, ‘Boogie To The Top’ and ‘Turn This Mutha Out’, and the 7” versions of these three tracks are also added as bonus tracks.
• Some amazing Jazz musicians play on tracks featured on this compilation, including Grover Washington Jr, Eric Gale, Bob James, Ralph MacDonald, Fred Wesley, Hiram Bullock & The Brecker Brothers.
• The CTI / Kudu albums were recorded between 1974 & 1978 a real purple patch for Idris with the release of four albums in that period namely “Power Of Soul”, “House Of The Rising Sun”, “Turn This Mutha Out” & “Boogie To The Top”
• Tracks on these albums were produced by Creed Taylor & Dave Matthews.
• The track ‘Loran’s Dance’ was sampled by both The Beastie Boys (‘For All The Girl’s’) and Fatboy Slim (‘The Weekend Starts Here’), ‘Could Heaven Ever Be Like This’ has also been sampled notably by Jamiroquai (‘Alright’).
• Sleeve notes by Charles Waring of MOJO & Record Collector. Charles is also co-founder of www.soulandjazzandfunk.com
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.