Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time with a quick turnaround! Shop now... Dismiss
All the singles and Wood’s one LP are here, mastered from the original tapes, on Disc One. Also included are previously unreleased tracks – the stereo mixes from the only surviving multi track tape in the JOY archive, and ‘Who’s The Fool Now’ from the 1965 My Special Angel recording session, plus the MGM singles, on Disc Two.
• Pianist and Keyboard player Bobby Wood is steeped in Memphis Music. Nowadays he is an in-demand songwriter and session musician for Dan Auerbach, Garth Brooks, and many others, all of whom want a touch of his Memphis magic.
• Here is where it all began, his own 60’s singles, many recorded at Sun studios, including his first single on Sun Records in 1961. From country rock’n’roll into country pop all were recorded with producer Stan Kesler, initially released on JOY Records 1963-1965. Wood then released some organ stirring-with horns country-got-soul singles on MGM from 1967-1969.
• By the MGM time Wood was also working in sessions as a member of The Memphis Boys, the incredibly successful team of studio musicians put together by Chips Moman at his American Sound Studios in Memphis, on the recordings of B. J. Thomas, Dusty Springfield, Sandy Posey, The Box Tops, Joe Tex and more, most notably Elvis Presley.
• Elvis Presley covered Woods’ single ‘If I’m A Fool For Loving You’.
• All the singles and Wood’s one LP are here, mastered from the original tapes, on Disc One. Also included are previously unreleased tracks – the stereo mixes from the only surviving multi track tape in the JOY archive, and ‘Who’s The Fool Now’ from the 1965 My Special Angel recording session, plus the MGM singles, on Disc Two.
• All but two of the tracks are on CD for the first time.
• Produced with a detailed booklet and comprehensive essay by Austin Powell on this period in Bobby’s career, with input from Bobby and photographs from his personal archive.
1. EVERYBODY’S SEARCHING
2. HUMAN EMOTIONS
3. THE DAY AFTER FOREVER
4. EVERYBODY’S SEARCHIN’
5. I STILL HURT JUST THE SAME
6. YOU’RE GONNA SEE
7. DO DARLIN’ (DO REMEMBER ME)
8. THAT’S ALL I NEED
9. IF I’M A FOOL FOR LOVING YOU
10. (MY HEART WENT) BOING! BOING! BOING!
11. THIS TIME
12. THAT’S ALL I NEED TO KNOW
13. MISS YOU
14. UNTIL YOU GO
15. I’M YOUR USED TO BE
16. LAVENDER BLUE(DILLY DILLY)
17. HUMAN EMOTIONS
18. CRY, CRY, CRY
19. OUT IN THE COLD AGAIN
20. SO CRUEL
21. (WITH ALL MY HEART) I’D DO IT AGAIN
22. BED OF ROSES
23. SHOW ME
24. WHEN A LONELY BOY MEETS A LONELY GIRL
25. FOOLS PARADISE
26. WHAT AM I GONNA TELL MYSELF ?
1. MY SPECIAL ANGEL
2. I’D RATHER FORGIVE YOU
3. WHO’S THE FOOL NOW *
4. WHAT AM I GONNA TELL MYSELF ? (STEREO)*
5. WHEN A LONELY BOY MEETS A LONELY GIRL (STEREO)*
6. BED OF ROSES (STEREO)*
7. SHOW ME (STEREO)*
8. WHAT AM I GONNA TELL MYSELF ?
(ALT. TAKE STEREO)*
9. MY LAST DATE (WITH YOU)
10. EVERYBODY’S BABY
11. BREAK MY MIND
12. THIS THING CALLED LOVE
13. SAY IT’S NOT YOU
14. IS THAT ALL THERE IS TO IT
15. MARY (DON’T READ BETWEEN THE LINES)
16. THE BIG BUILDUP
17. (MARGIE’S AT) THE LINCOLN PARK INN
18. I’M THE NAME OF HER GAME
* previously unreleased