• Lalo Schifrin has scored over one hundred & sixty movies including Bruce Lee’s “Enter The Dragon”, Clint Eastwood’s “Dirty Harry” & Jackie Chan’s “Rush Hour” trilogy as well as numerous TV show themes, but there is more to Lalo Schifrin.
• Robinsongs is celebrating that fact with the release of two albums that Lalo Schifrin made for the legendary CTI label in the mid-seventies “Black Widow” and “Towering Toccata”
• These albums feature some of the greatest jazz musicians of the period including Eric Gale, Steve Gadd, Hubert Laws, Anthony Jackson & Joe Farrell to name but a few.
• Lalo Schifrin puts a Jazz Funk vibe to some classic movie themes including Steven Spielberg’s blockbuster “Jaws” which was released as a single and charted at 14 in the UK Singles chart, and became a worldwide Disco smash.
• Schifrin’s CTI debut “Black Widow” proved a hit as it landed at ~# 22 in the US list of Jazz bestsellers, and it also appeared on the R&B chart. Buoyed by good sales and the encouraging public reception Schifrin returned to the studio to cut his second CTI album “Towering Toccata”. Again there was plenty of effervescent disco-funk grooves plus big movie theme adaptations including “King Kong”.
• This package also features liner notes by Charles Waring, contributor to MOJO magazine & Record Collector and co-founder of www.soulandjazzandfunk.com
1. BLACK WIDOW
3. QUIET VILLAGE
4. MOONGLOW / THEME FROM PICNIC
7. TURNING POINT
9. TOWERING TOCCATA
10. FRANCES THEME
12. EAGLES IN LOVE
13. THEME FROM KING KONG
14. MOST WANTED THEME
15. MIDNIGHT WOMAN
16. ROLLER COASTER
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.