Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
£10.99Released May 7, 2021.
This album has been out of print for some time. This re-release is on Bruford’s own Summerfold Records and was overseen personally by him.
Earthworks’ first album “is a heady concoction indeed, and one which joyously breaks down all sorts of musical barriers in its path.”
THE LONDON TIMES
• Already well-known in progressive rock, drummer Bill Bruford formed Earthworks in 1986, as a deliberate return to his roots in jazz.
• He seconded the brilliant keyboardist and tenor horn player Django Bates and saxophonist Iain Ballamy, frontrunners with the anarchic big band Loose Tubes, as his partners.
• Bill encouraged the use of rock technology with jazz sensibility – heard to good effect here on the album’s two live bonus tracks ‘A Stone’s Throw’ and ‘All Heaven Broke Loose’
• This album has been out of print for some time. This re-release is on Bruford’s own Summerfold Records and was overseen personally by him.
2. MAKING A SONG AND DANCE
3. UP NORTH
5. MY HEART DECLARES A HOLIDAY
6. EMOTIONAL SHIRT
7. IT NEEDN’T END IN TEARS
8. THE SHEPHERD IS ETERNAL
9. THE BRIDGE OF INHIBITION
10. A STONE’S THROW
11. ALL HEAVEN BROKE LOOSE