The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
• Beyond the Darkness is an anthology of the second half of the career of the composers Goblin, perhaps best known for the propulsive, labyrinthic scores which illuminate the horror masterpieces of Italian film director Dario Argento.
• Goblin’s genius lies in skilfully combining elements of progressive psychedelia with jazz-rock, Eastern European folk music and the Baroque. Their music often displays an eerie fairy tale quality that underscores tensions within a film to great effect.
• If Bella Casa’s 2012 box set, The Awakening (CASA12BOX) documented Goblin’s formative years, this edition comprises selections from ten films scored by the group across a twenty-five year period from 1977, culminating in Non Ho Sonno the Argento thriller for which this remarkable aggregation reformed to help create.
LA VIA DELLA DROGA (The Heroin Busters) (1977)
1. LA VIA DELLA DROGA (sequence 10)
2. LA VIA DELLA DROGA (sequence 2)
3. LA VIA DELLA DROGA (sequence 4)
BUIO OMEGA (Beyond the Darkness) (1979)
4. BUIO OMEGA (Main Title)
5. QUIET DROPS (Film version)
6. BIKINI ISLAND
7. GHOST VEST
SQUADRA ANTIGANGSTERS (Little Italy) (1979)
11. TRUMPET’S FLIGHT (Alternate version)
12. SQUADRA ANTIGANGSTERS (Movie take 1)
AMO NON AMO (I Love You, I Love You Not). (1979)
13. BOTH-TWO (Alternate version)
14. FUNKY TOP
15. AMO NON AMO
16. THE CARVER
17. TIME IS ON
NOTTURNO (Spy Connection) (1983)
21. BASS THEME
22. LANDING STRIP
LA CHIESA (The Church) (1988)
NON HO SONNO (Sleepless) (2001)
26. ARPEGGIO – END TITLE
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.