• For the first time ever, BEAT! The Complete Telefunken Years collects the complete recordings for the Telefunken label from Berlin’s The Boots.
• BEAT! The Complete Telefunken Years anthologises their thrilling 1965 debut album Here Are The Boots, its 1967 mod-soul follow-up Beat With The Boots, and all their singles and compilation appearances.
• The long-haired Boots’ wild take on R&B set them apart from Germany’s other beat groups, and their moody, tough single Gaby is one of the greatest sides of the Sixties and was a highlight of the 2005 seminal Rhino box set Children of Nuggets. BEAT! The Complete Telefunken Years is a unique chance to hear the band’s rough-edged splendour and is a must-have for fans of the best music of the Sixties.
• Influenced by The Pretty Things and Them, The Boots were as good as Britain’s edgiest Sixties R&B bands.
• BEAT! The Complete Telefunken Years includes a fully illustrated booklet with liner notes telling the band’s story.
• Joining RPM International’s musical journeys to France, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and beyond, it is another of the label’s essential releases dedicated to the best of the past’s music from beyond the UK.
HERE ARE THE BOOTS
1. SHE’S ABOUT A MOVER
2. MAMA KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT
4. IT AIN’T NECESSARILY SO
5. GOT LOVE IF YOU WANT IT
6. BUT YOU NEVER DO IT, BABE
7. ENCHANTED SEA
8. BABY, PLEASE DON’T GO
9. WHATCHA YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT
10. I REMEMBER WHEN I LOVED HER
11. JUMP BACK, BABY
13. BOOGIE CHILDREN
14. REMEMBER (WALKING IN THE SAND)
15. IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR*
16. WATCH YOUR STEP*
18. ANOTHER TEAR FALLS*
19. ABER ICH BLIEB KUHL*
20. HEY HEY HEY*
BEAT WITH THE BOOTS
1. SEARCHING DAYS
2. IT’S A MAN’S, MAN’S, MAN’S WORLD
3. I FEEL GOOD
4. IT WAS A PRIVATE AFFAIR
5. I CAN NOT BELIEVE
7. GREEN ONIONS
9. DO YOU REALLY KNOW
10. GET OUT OF MY LIFE WOMAN
11. DON’T FIGHT IT
12. I DON’T WANT TO GO ON WITHOUT YOU
13. COMIN’ HOME
14. OUT OF SIGHT
15. CRAZY ENOUGH FOR ME (SPOONFUL) (LIVE)*
16. YOU’RE GONNA WRECK MY LIFE (LIVE)*
17. I WISH YOU WOULD (LIVE)*
18. ONE MORE TIME (LIVE)*