The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
BBR is very proud to present AMIGO by BLACK SLATE in full and expanded form, complete with extensive liner notes and bonus content. This BBR re-master is a must have for all Reggae, Disco and Brit-Funk fans out there!
• BBR expand their musical horizons again with the release of the 1980 Reggae/Brit-Funk LP AMIGO by UK group Black Slate. Black Slate are a reggae band based in the United Kingdom which formed in 1974 and included musicians from England, Jamaica, and Anguilla. They toured heavily around London and the UK in their formative years, backing renowned Jamaican musicians such as Dennis Brown, Delroy Wilson and Ken Boothe.
• They toured the UK in their own right for the first time in 1978, capitalising on the success of their first reggae chart hit ‘Sticks Man’ in 1976. The anti-mugging song made a big impression on the continent where the record hit the Dutch and Flemish charts after being an underground hit in Antwerp discothèques.
• Also at this time Black Slate formed their own TCD label and achieved a minor hit with the single ‘Mind Your Motion’, and in 1980 their Rastafarian rallying call, ‘Amigo’, was picked up by Ensign Records, and broke into the UK Singles Chart, reaching a very impressive #9.
• It was also in 1980 that Black Slate released the album AMIGO, also on Ensign Records, which features all three of the hit singles already mentioned above and secured Black Slate’s reputation as one of the leading contemporary reggae outfits in Europe with their dancefloor friendly reggae grooves.
• BBR is very proud to present AMIGO in full and expanded form, complete with extensive liner notes and bonus content. This BBR re-master is a must have for all Reggae, Disco and Brit-Funk fans out there!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.