• This Acid solution has nothing to do with the lysergic excesses of late 60s American rock, or the dance craze of the late 80s UK. This dose of Acid are the female-fronted, cult heavy metal quintet from early 80s Belgium. From Bruges, in fact.
• Taking their cue from the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal movement that gave us Iron Maiden, Saxon and Diamond Head, they featured lead singer Kate De Lombaert, Demon on lead guitar, Dizzy Lizzy on rhythm guitar, T-Bone on bass and Anvill on drums. After releasing their debut single for the legendary HM label Roadrunner in 1981, Acid recorded three highly influential slabs of pure, unadulterated heavy metal for their own Giant Records between 1982 and 1985.
• Reissued with band approval and their full involvement, and featuring liner notes from Acid expert and Classic Rock/Metal Hammer writer Malcolm Dome, this release features the bonus tracks HELL ON WHEELS (7” Version), HOOKED ON METAL (7” Version), FIVE DAYS HELL (Demo Version) and WOMAN AT LAST (Demo Version).
• Also available from Acid are the second studio album “Maniac” from 1983 and third release “Engine Beast” from 1985, both with non-album bonus material.
• For fans of Judas Priest, Motörhead and Venom.