• ESSENTIAL SUNSHINE/PSYCH POP FROM 1967!
• RARE LATE MONO MIX — FIRST TIME EVER ISSUED ON CD!
• SOURCED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
The Cryan’ Shames’ second album, 1967’s A Scratch In The Sky, is an unsung gem of that heady musical era. The set’s distinctive mix of youthful garage-rock energy, sophisticated psychedelic-pop songcraft and forward-thinking studio experimentation reflects the spirit of the times and captures the sound of an ambitious band of young perfectionists (already regional stars in their hometown of Chicago) making a quantum creative leap into exciting new territory.
On A Scratch In The Sky, The Cryan’ Shames trade in the familiar rock ’n’ roll and soul covers that dominated their first album for a set of haunting, emotionally resonant, and experimental original compositions (plus a transcendent reading of the Carole King/Gerry Goffin-penned Drifters classic ‘Up on the Roof’) that are bolstered by adventurous soundscapes.
In addition to the album—presented in its original MONO mix for the first time on CD—two non-LP singles and five single versions are included, and all are sourced from the ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES.
The deluxe, full-colour booklet also includes rare photos and extensive liner notes by music historian Scott Schinder that feature the participation of original band members. Mastered by ALAN BROWNSTEIN from the ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
Reissue Produced by STEVE STANLEY.
• This CD is released 28th April and will not be shipped prior to this date.
THE ORIGINAL MONO ALBUM
1. A CAROL FOR LORELEI
2. THE SAILING SHIP
3. IN THE CAFE
4. MR. UNRELIABLE
5. THE TOWN I’D LIKE TO GO BACK TO
6. UP ON THE ROOF
7. IT COULD BE WE’RE IN LOVE
8. SUNSHINE PSALM
9. I WAS LONELY WHEN
10. COBBLESTONE ROAD (SHE’S BEEN WALKIN’)
11. DENNIS DUPREE FROM DANVILLE
12. YOUNG BIRDS FLY (Non-LP Single)
13. THE WARM (Non-LP Single)
14. THE SAILING SHIP (SINGLE VERSION)
15. UP ON THE ROOF (SINGLE VERSION)
16. IT COULD BE WE’RE IN LOVE (SINGLE VERSION)
17. SUNSHINE PSALM (SINGLE VERSION)
18. I WAS LONELY WHEN (SINGLE VERSION