The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2011
• Considered the premier U.K. soul band of the ‘80s and on to the ‘90s, Loose Ends was formed in 1981 with an original line-up of Carl MacIntosh, Steve Nichol and Jane Eugene.
• Originally known as “Loose End,” the trio began recording a series of singles for Virgin Records in 1982. A year later, the group started work on their first LP with renowned Philadelphia producer Nick Martinelli cutting an entire album of original material, penned by the group members. In 1984, A LITTLE SPICE was issued in the UK and reached No. 46 on the UK album charts, spawning three charted singles, ‘Tell Me What You Want,’ ‘(Emergency) Dial 999’ and ‘Choose Me (Rescue Me).’ The US version of the album was issued by MCA Records in 1985 and reached the Top 5 on the R&B charts and No. 46 on Billboard’s Top 200 Album chart.
• This original UK version of A LITTLE SPICE has been out of print on CD for many years. This great expanded edition – co-produced by renowned US reissue producer Donald Cleveland and SoulMusic.com’s David Nathan – includes the group’s first three singles (as Loose End) and two additional Loose Ends non-album tracks as well as extended versions of the hit singles, ‘Tell Me What You Want’ and ‘Choose Me (Rescue Me).’
• Notes by David Nathan include quotes from 2011 interviews with Carl, Jane and Steve, producer Nick Martinelli and others.
• SoulMusic.com Records also reissued the group’s second album SO WHERE ARE YOU? (SMCR 5035) in November 2011.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.