Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
• NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 3 DISC DIGIPACK EDITION OF THE CLASSIC INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM BY GENESIS FOUNDER ANTHONY PHILLIPS
• A 2CD & DVD (NTSC / REGION FREE) SET
• FEATURING A NEW STEREO & 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM
• WITH BONUS DISC OF SESSION OUT-TAKES AND DEMOS
• NEWLY MIXED & MASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES
• FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND LINER NOTES BY JON DANN (WITH BRIEF FOREWORD TEXT BY STEVEN WILSON)
Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mixed and expanded edition of the classic instrumental album by GENESIS founder member ANTHONY PHILLIPS, “1984”. Released in 1981, the album was born at the same time as Anthony was composing and recording the soundtrack to the British TV documentary series RULE BRITANNIA.
“1984” was a radical departure from the more pastoral feel of Anthony’s previous solo work, and saw him experiment with synthesisers to an extent he’d previously never done before, resulting in a keyboard dominated album.
At the time of release, the album divided opinions among some Anthony Phillips fans, but the passage of time has seen the album re-evaluated and it is now held in high esteem by fans, critics and musicians (including Steven Wilson), all of whom concur that “1984” now stands as a ground-breaking and influential work.
This new 3 disc digipack deluxe edition of the album features a new stereo mix and a 5.1 Surround sound mix, (on an NSTC / Region Free DVD), along with a CD of alternate mixes and out-takes. It includes a lavishly illustrated booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and features a new essay by Jon Dann (with a brief foreword text by Steven Wilson) and also includes a poster.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.