Glenn Hughes, “The Voice Of Rock”, first came to prominence in Trapeze, a band featuring future Whitesnake guitarist Mel Galley, and future Judas Priest drummer, Dave Holland. Following their third album, “You Are The Music, We’re Just The Band”, Glenn joined Deep Purple in 1973 for their “Burn”, “Stormbringer” and “Come Taste The Band” albums. Deep Purple split in 1976, with its members following various solo and side-projects. The first fruits of Glenn’s post Purple career appeared with “Play Me Out” (also available on Purple Records), issued in July 1977. Glenn would go on to collaborate with Pat Thrall in Hughes-Thrall, Joe Lynn Turner in the Hughes-Turner Project, with Tony Iommi in Black Sabbath, plus pursue a prolific solo career through the 1990s and beyond.
Disc One includes three bonus tracks; their cover of the Kinks classic, 'You Really Got Me', 'Love Is A Game', written by Russ Ballard and the original, 'Little Miss Ann'. As a further bonus, Girl's concert at the Exposition Hall, Osaka, Japan in May 1982 on their final tour is included on Disc Two. Featuring 'My Number', 'Heartbreak America' and 'Hollywood Tease' from their debut, plus a cover of ZZ Top's 'Tush', the concert concludes before a rapturous and appreciate Japanese audience with 'This Town'.
"The New England Archives Box Vol 1" has been drawn and compiled from the band's own collections of tapes and personal recordings, and features a number of rare and never before seen photos and imagery.
A 4-CD set, Only After Dark chronicles his peripatetic solo work during the rest of the seventies after his split with Bowie, with those two official albums joined by B-sides, alternative versions, outtakes and a plethora of unissued-at-the-time studio recordings (including a handful with Guam, the backing band for Bob Dylan’s legendary 1975 Rolling Thunder tour) and various highlights from his live shows. Featuring some rare photos and a lengthy new essay on his Seventies career, Only After Dark is the most comprehensive anthology to date of a major talent.
• NEWLY REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1972 SOLO ALBUM BY STRAWBS FOUNDER DAVE COUSINS• FEATURING RICK WAKEMAN, ROGER GLOVER, JON HISEMAN & MILLER ANDERSON• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES• WITH FIVE BONUS TRACKS• FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & NEW ESSAY BY DAVE COUSINS
• A NEW 2 CD EXPANDED EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1976 ALBUM BY BE BOP DELUXE
• NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES
• FEATURING AN ADDITIONAL 19 BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM A NEW STEREO MIX FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES, A RARE SINGLE B-SIDE AND PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED OUT-TAKES FROM THE ALBUM SESSIONS
• INCLUDES A LAVISHLY ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH MANY PREVIOUSLY UNSEEN PHOTOGRAPHS & NEW ESSAY BY BILL NELSON
A re-release of Alive 1990 is the fourth volume of the CURVED AIR RARITIES SERIES!Alive 1990 has been unavailable for 15 years, and is now part of the rarities series, in time for the beginning of the band’s 50th Anniversary year of 2020.