Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
Robinsongs is the label that specialises in releasing some of the best Jazz, Funk & Soul titles ever recorded, the big bonus with Robinsongs releases is you usually get more than one album. Robinsongs specialise in two on one’s and three on two’s plus Best Of CD’s.
Artists to be found on Robinsongs include The Bar-Kays, Cameo, Jimmy Castor Bunch, Con Funk Shun & Johnny Guitar Watson to name but a few, and on the Jazz Funk scene Idris Muhammad, Bob James, Hank Crawford & Lee Ritnour.
All titles are remastered and include sleeve notes by some of today’s best Jazz, Funk & Soul journalists.
• An extensive box set featuring Stacy Lattisaw’s complete Cotillion album collection from 1979 to 1985
• Including all seven albums ‘Young And In Love’, ‘Let Me Be Your Angel’, ‘With You’, ‘Sneakin’ Out’, ‘Sixteen’, ‘Perfect Combination’ and ‘I’m Not The Same Girl’ plus selected bonus tracks.
‘Disco 75’ features huge hits along with dancefloor essentials that changed the face of dance music mid-decade; including massive radio-friendly tunes from Shirley (And Company), Jackson Five, KC And The Sunshine Band, Archie Bell And The Drells, The O’Jays, Whispers, The Average White Band, Harold Melvin And The Bluenotes, Disco Tex And The Sexolettes and more.
• Robinsongs has great pleasure to bring you what must have been the World’s funkiest Band, and the Godfather Of Soul the legendary James Brown’s backing band The J.B.’s albums “Food For Thought”, “Doing It To Death” & “Damn Right I Am Somebody” in one double CD package.
• Featuring some of the classic Funk Anthems such as ‘Gimme Some More’, ‘Pass The Peas’, ‘Hot Pants Road’ and the Number 1 R&B single ‘Doing It To Death’.
Formed in the last embers of the 70’s Level 42 started as a Jazz Fusion band before embracing dance rock for which they would be best known.
• The band’s first single Love Meeting Love was released in 1980 to much critical acclaim which led to the debut album, the self-titled Level 42 which charted in the top 20.
• Throughout the 80’s the band released numerous albums and toured regularly building a large and devoted fan base – these early years are featured here
• Volume One contains all the Level 42 albums from 1981 – 1984 in their original glory.
Donald Byrd & The Blackbyrds “The Jazz Funk Collection” is the first time you have been able to acquire a collection of tracks by these artists on a CD package. All tracks on “The Jazz Funk Collection” are either written, produced or performed by Donald Byrd; the collection starts in 1973 around the start of the Jazz Funk era.
Singer & actress Dee Dee Bridgewater recorded four albums for the Warner Brothers group of labels between 1976 and 1980, one for Atlantic and three for Elektra; for the very first time Robinsongs have combined these Albums on a 4 on 2 CD collection.
Robinsongs is very pleased to announce the release of four Rodney Franklin Albums on a 2CD set. This gorgeous package features “In The Center” / “You’ll Never Know” / “Rodney Franklin” / “Endless Flight”.
Robinsongs brings you three of the Best Charles Earland albums on a double CD, and not only do you get the albums “Coming To You Live”, “Earland’s Jam” and “Earlands’s Street Themes” plus two bonus 7” versions of ‘Coming To You Live’ and ‘Be My Lady (Tonight)’...
Robinsongs and Cherry Red are honoured to be representing the Legendary Johnny Guitar Watson’s DJM catalogue and we continue our re issues campaign with the albums “Johnny Guitar Watson And The Family Clone” and “Bow Wow” on a 2 on 1 CD package.