‘In The Running’ is the next Howard Jones album to get the deluxe edition treatment in March, expanded onto a deluxe edition 3CD collection, and also available to pre-order on stunning translucent vinyl!
• Cherry Red Records is both delighted and proud to announce the newly remastered and expanded release of Howard Jones fifth and final long player album for Warner Bros, “In The Running”.
• Released in April 1992, the album was produced by Jones with Ross Cullum, whom he had worked with on his previous album Cross That Line. Rupert Hine (who had produced Howard’s first two multi-million selling albums Human’s Lib and Dream Into Action) was the album’s Executive Producer and it was mixed by Bob Clearmountain.
• “In The Running” marked a conscious move away from the use of electronic instrumentation towards more piano based melodies. It is the most deeply melodic recording that Jones had made up until that point, full of meticulously-crafted songs that focused on personal, societal and environmental concerns.
• There was also a stellar array of guest musicians that featured on this album including Richie Hayward from Little Feat, Dean Parks from Steely Dan, Mark Brezecki from Big Country and Midge Ure from Ultravox.
• This prestigious album is being re-issued in two formats – LP and a 3CD/1DVD set:
DELUXE EXPANDED 3CD +DVD SET:
• Packaged in a digipack with a fully illustrated 16-page booklet containing a brand new sleevenote and track by track annotation about “In The Running” by Howard Jones as told to acclaimed writer Anil Prasad.
• Featuring an expanded selection of previously unreleased studio versions, edits, instrumentals, live versions and remixes plus newly remastered tracks.
• Also includes versions of a previously unreleased ’93 Remix of Howard’s biggest hit ‘What Is Love?’
• Includes a DVD (NTSC/Region Free) containing a brand new interview with Howard Jones from October 2020 discussing creating the “In The Running” album, a Track By Track Commentary, TV appearances as well as Promotional Videos.
LIMITED EDITION 140gm TRANSLUCENT CLEAR VINYL LP:
• Strictly limited-edition translucent clear vinyl release
• Inner sleeve containing a brand new sleevenote and track by track annotation about “In The Running” by Howard Jones as told to acclaimed writer Anil Prasad.
• Includes the three singles ‘Lift Me Up’, ‘Two Souls’ and ‘Tears To Tell’ which enjoyed varying degrees of chart success in different territories.