We are delighted to present a new double CD Deluxe Edition of “Heart First”, the classic 1984 debut album from perennial pop icon and dance floor diva, Hazell Dean. ORDER HERE!
• The first album project for legendary production and songwriting powerhouse Stock Aitken Waterman, “Heart First” features the classic hits ‘Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)’ (UK #4), ‘Back in My Arms (Once Again)’ and ‘No Fool (For Love)’ (both UK #41) alongside the previous signature smash ‘Searchin’’ (UK #6), a collaboration with another mainstay of the Hi-NRG scene, Ian Anthony Stephens.
• Given a sparkling new remaster from the original analogue tapes, this definitive edition of the album also features extensive bonus material. Included here is a comprehensive collection of sought-after full-length mixes of all the singles, several of them long out-of-print or previously unissued on CD.
• At Hazell’s request, the standout title track “Heart First” has been remixed for 2020 by acclaimed producer Matt Pop. Using the original 1984 multi track parts, this fabulous new version of a long-time fan favourite is made available exclusively on this release.
• Hazell’s very first Top 75 success came in early 1984 with the double A-side single release of her sterling dance floor interpretation of the Barbra Streisand classic ‘Evergreen’, together with one of her own compositions, ‘Jealous Love’. Both 7” and extended 12” versions of each track feature here.
• Hazell’s self-penned 1984 Song for Europe entry ‘Stay in My Life’ (intended for single release but eclipsed by the runaway success and eventual reissue of ‘Searchin’’) is also included, alongside the B-sides ‘Young Boy In The City’ and ‘Take Me Home’.
• This Deluxe Edition also boasts a expanded 20-page booklet including an brand new track-by-track commentary from Hazell, an illustrated discography, additional photos and lyrics.
A doyenne of the dance floor for over four decades, Hazell Dean is the pivotal artist who gave SAW their first Top Ten smash with the cutting-edge Hi-NRG sound of ‘Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)’ – thereby paving the way for their hits with Dead Or Alive, Bananarama, Kylie and countless others. In the wake of three recent studio albums, Hazell has a busy calendar of live dates scheduled throughout 2020. Cherry Pop are delighted to be continuing our successful partnership with the undisputed Queen of Hi-NRG!
1. BACK IN MY ARMS (ONCE AGAIN)
3. BREAK THE RULES
4. WHATEVER I DO (WHEREVER I GO)
5. YOU’RE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
6. BACK IN MY ARMS (ONCE AGAIN)
7. HEART FIRST
8. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)
10. DEVIL IN YOU
11. EVERYTHING I NEED
13. JEALOUS LOVE
14. STAY IN MY LIFE
15. YOUNG BOY IN THE CITY
16. TAKE ME HOME
17. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)
18. YOU’RE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
[EXTRA BEAT BOYS REMIX]
1. HEART FIRST
[MATT POP CLUB MIX]
2. WHATEVER I DO (WHEREVER I GO)
3. BACK IN MY ARMS (ONCE AGAIN)
4. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)
5. JEALOUS LOVE
7. WHATEVER I DO (WHEREVER I GO)
8. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)
[THE MURRAY MIX]
10. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)
[PART TWO INSTRUMENTAL]
11. WHATEVER I DO (WHEREVER I GO)
12. NO FOOL (FOR LOVE)