Following the well-received 2012 reissue of her 1986 Capitol debut album
DO ME BABY (SMCR-5044), SoulMusic Records presents the New York-born
singer-songwriter’s sophomore album for the label, GOOD LOVE.
Meli’sa Morgan’s career skyrocketed with her 1985 cover of Prince’s ‘Do
Me Baby,’ a No. 1 U.S. R&B single and U.S. Top 50 pop hit.
Like her successful album debut, 1987’s GOOD LOVE featured production by
Paul Laurence and five tracks co-produced by Meli’sa and co-writer Lesette
Wilson. In addition, hitmaker in his own right, producer/songwriter Kashif
produced his duet with Mel’isa on ‘Love Changes’ a cover of the Mother’s Finest
recording that gave the duo a No. 2 R&B hit in 1987; while Brian and Shelly
Morgan and the team of Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers also contributed to the
GOOD LOVE became a Top 20 R&B Album best-seller and has long been
out of print on CD. This expanded edition features six bonus tracks including a
club mix of the No. 2 U.S. R&B hit, ‘If You Can Do It: I Can Too!’, an
extended remix of the album’s title track and an eight-minute plus ‘Special
Club Opus’ mix of ‘Here Comes The Night,’ a 1988 Top 30 R&B hit for
Notes by renowned U.S. writer Justin Kantor include quotes from 2013
interviews with Meli’sa and Kashif for this reissue.
Release Date: 22/04/2013
Our Price: £9.95
IF YOU CAN DO IT:
I CAN TOO!
HERE COMES THE
JUST FOR YOUR
LOVE CHANGES (DUET WITH KASHIF)
THINK IT OVER
I'LL LOVE NO MORE
I STILL THINK
YOU'RE ALL I GOT
IF YOU CAN DO IT:
I CAN TOO!! (US Capitol Club House Mix)
IF YOU CAN DO IT:
I CAN TOO!! (US Capitol Dub Version)
LOVE (US Capitol Extended Remix)
LOVE (US Capitol Remix Edit)
14. HERE COMES THE NIGHT (US Capitol Special
COMES THE NIGHT (US Capitol Single Edit)
Can't Fight Fate: Deluxe Edition
• "Can’t Fight Fate", the second album from powerhouse vocalist and perennial pop icon Taylor Dayne, receives a Deluxe Edition double CD reissue on Cherry Pop.
• Originally released in 1989, "Can’t Fight Fate" built on the success of Taylor’s debut, "Tell It To My Heart", with a more diverse and mature collection of songs reflecting the wide range of her musical influences, resulting in a double platinum certification in the US.
• "Can’t Fight Fate" includes the classic ballad, "Love Will Lead You Back", Taylor’s first US #1, and three further international hits - the perennial anthem "I’ll Be Your Shelter", "With Every Beat Of My Heart" and "Heart Of Stone". Produced by Taylor's longtime collaborator Ric Wake, the album features Taylor's first self-penned tracks and contributions from legendary songwriters Diane Warren and Marvin Hamlisch.
• Digitally remastered direct from the master tapes, this Deluxe Edition also features comprehensive bonus material, much of it on CD for the first time. Every mix which appeared on the original single releases is included, together with two rare 12" club remixes of "Up All Night" – originally intended as a fifth single in late 1990 - and the B-side "All I Ever Wanted".
• With personal input from Taylor herself, the extensive booklet also features additional photos, a fully illustrated discography and recording data, lyrics and brand new sleeve notes.
• Since Taylor Dayne made her chart-topping debut in 1987, she has sold over 75 million records, with five studio albums and over 20 hit singles to her name. Her career highlights include three Grammy nominations, songwriting for Tina Turner, Broadway acclaim for her roles in "Cats" and Elton John and Tim Rice's "Aida", and induction into her native Long Island's Musicians Hall Of Fame alongside fellow LI luminaries Billy Joel, Lou Reed and Pat Benatar. Taylor has live dates scheduled internationally throughout 2014 and also plans to release new material this year.
• "Can't Fight Fate" is reissued alongside a Deluxe Edition of Taylor's third album "Soul Dancing".
• Released 21/04/2014
1. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
2. I’LL BE YOUR SHELTER
3. LOVE WILL LEAD YOU BACK
4. HEART OF STONE
5. YOU CAN’T FIGHT FATE
6. UP ALL NIGHT
7. I KNOW THE FEELING
8. WAIT FOR ME
9. YOU MEANT THE WORLD TO ME
10. AIN’T NO GOOD
11. ALL I EVER WANTED
12. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
Extended Radio Remix
13. I’LL BE YOUR SHELTER
1. I’LL BE YOUR SHELTER
2. LOVE WILL LEAD YOU BACK
3. HEART OF STONE
4. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
Palpitashun Remix *
5. I’LL BE YOUR SHELTER
Groove Mix *
6. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
Mental Dub Edit +
7 UP ALL NIGHT
The Sunrise Mix *
8. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
Make It Rock Remix
9. UP ALL NIGHT
Insomnia Dub *
10. WITH EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART
Mental Dub +
* Previously unreleased
+ First time on CD
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more
Tear Down These Walls: Expanded Edition
• The first reissue of Billy Ocean's 1988 album "Tear Down The Walls” that was awarded a gold disc for sales in excess of 100,000 units.
• The album includes the four singles; the # UK 3 smash hit ‘Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car’, ‘Calypso Crazy’, ‘The Colour Of Love’ and ‘Stand And Deliver’.
• This 15 track CD features the 10 songs of the original album plus five bonus tracks, extended versions of ‘Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car’, ‘Calypso Crazy’, ‘Stand And Deliver’, b/sides ‘Showdown’ and ‘Let's Get Back Together’.
• The CD booklet will feature extensive sleeve notes with co-producer Barry J. Eastmond talking about the making of the album. There is also a full UK discography with many images of the original related sleeves.
• "Tear Down These Walls” sold extensively around the globe, achieving gold status (100,000+ copies) in the UK and platinum (1,000,000+ copies) in the U.S.
• ‘Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car’ was a smash hit around the world, charting in the top 10 in UK, US and across the planet.
• Billy Ocean continues to perform live on a regular basis with dates booked in the UK during May and June including Newcastle City Hall (4th June) and Hull City Hall (8th May).
• Billy Ocean born Leslie Charles, moved to London from Trinidad and Tobago at the age of 8. He adopted the stage name of Billy Ocean from the Ocean Estate in East London. He released his first album 'Billy Ocean' in 1976 on GTO Records. This was to be the start of a long and successful career that still continues to this day. His popularity is highlighted by his appearance at the JFK Stadium for U.S. leg of Live Aid in 1985 performing ‘Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)’ and ‘Loverboy’. At the 1985 Grammy Awards, Ocean won the Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for ‘Caribbean Queen’.
1. TEAR DOWN THESE WALLS
2. GUN FOR HIRE
3. STAND & DELIVER
4. THE COLOUR OF LOVE
5. CALYPSO CRAZY
6. GET OUTTA MY DREAMS GET INTO MY CAR
7. SOON AS YOU'RE READY
9. BECAUSE OF YOU
10. HERE'S TO YOU
11. GET OUTTA MY DREAMS GET INTO MY CAR - EXTENDED VERSION (BONUS TRACK)
12. SHOWDOWN (BONUS TRACK)
13. CALYPSO CRAZY - EXTENDED VERSION BONUS TRACK)
14. LET'S GET BACK TOGETHER (BONUS TRACK)
15. STAND & DELIVER - EXTENDED VERSION (BONUS TRACK)
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more