• THE COMPLETE 1970 SESSIONS!
• FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
• 11 PREVIOUSLY-UNRELEASED TRACKS!
When The Association’s ‘Windy,’ reached the #1 position in July 1967, writer Ruthann Friedman didn’t just score a hit single, she also achieved a milestone: Ruthann was only the third female songwriter to compose an American #1 record without the help of a co-writer. In 1999, BMI designated the infectious smash the 61st most played song of the 20th century. But the story doesn’t end there.
Produced in 1969 by JOE WISSERT (The Turtles, Lovin’ Spoonful, Jackie DeShannon) Constant Companion is Ruthann’s only LP during the first chapter of her career. An intimate folk album replete with lysergic lyrical imagery, Constant Companion will intrigue fans of Joni Mitchell and Judee Sill.
Also included is a full album’s worth of previously-unreleased material cut during the Constant Companion era, which will undoubtedly leave the listener wondering why these tracks were hidden away all these years.
Mastered by Alan Brownstein FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES!
The full-colour booklet includes rare photos and extensive liner notes featuring the participation of Ruthann herself!
Produced for reissue by Steve Stanley.
This product is released June 30 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. TOPSY-TURVY MOON
2. PIPER’S CALL
3. FAIRY PRINCE RAINBOW MAN
4. TOO LATE TO BE MOURNING
5. RINGING BELLS
6. LOOKING BACK OVER YOUR SHOULDER
8. MORNING BECOMES YOU
9. PEACEABLE KINGDOM
10. NO TIME
12. LOOK UP TO THE SUN
13. CARRY ON (GLITTERING DANCER)
14. CHOCOLATE SEA
16. I UNDERSTAND
17. HAVING A GOOD TIME
18. OFF TO SEE THE WORLD
19. SONG FOR MY BROTHER
20. WORLD’S END
21. TRAVELING AROUND
22. THE SKY IS MOVING SOUTH
23. WINDY (Demo)
24. WHEN YOU’RE NEAR (Demo)
Produced by JOE WISSERT
Our Price: £9.95
Track listing as above.
My Kind O' Lovin'
• A colourful, multifarious and formidable listening experience, with hints of melodic hard rock and early prog, featuring Simon Philips (Toto) and the vintage vocals of John Lawton (ex-Uriah Heep) and Joseph Williams (Toto).
• Strong melodies with acoustic patterns and impressive vocals with undiminished power – the best thing John Lawton has been involved with ever since Heep’s glory and his lately announced career peak with the same author’s ‘The Power of Mind’ album from 2012.
• Pulling up a chair at Classic Rock Revisited 2012 Best Releases with Intelligent Music Project I - ‘The Power of Mind’ producer Milen Vrabevski is setting a helluva high horizon of expectations with his Intelligent Music Project II - ‘My Kind O’Lovin’.
• Simon Phillips is an English producer and prolific session drummer, and has played with The Who, Judas Priest, Jeff Beck, Mike Oldfield, Gary Moore and many others.
• Joseph Williams was part of four Toto albums – Fahrenheit (1986), The Seventh One (1988), Toto XX (1988) and Falling in Between (2006).
• John Lawton was featured on Uriah Heep’s albums Innocent Victim (1977), Firefly (1977) and Fallen Angel (1978) through Live ’79.
For more details please visit www.mykindoflovin.com
1. MY KIND O’ LOVIN’
3. NO ONE CAN DENY IT
4. GET INTO REAL
5. SIMPLE GAME
7. THINGS WE CAN’T DO
8. TIME TO MOVE ALONG
9. LOVE SONG
10. PEOPLE ON FIRE
11. STEP IN LEARNIN’
12. UNDERSTAND THE MORNING
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 5TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more