• NEWLY REMASTERED CD RELEASE FOR THIS CLASSIC ROCK ALBUM FROM 1973 BY THE BRITISH ROCK BAND ELLIS
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL EPIC RECORDS MASTER TAPES
• BOOKLET WITH FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & LINER NOTES
• REVIEWS IN NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS, "UNCUT”, "MOJO”, "RECORD COLLECTOR” & "CLASSIC ROCK” MAGAZINES
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce a newly re-mastered CD release of the classic 1973 album "Why Not?” by the British rock outfit, ELLIS. Formed in December 1971, the band was the brainchild of former LOVE AFFAIR vocalist STEVE ELLIS. Teaming up with celebrated keyboard player ZOOT MONEY, the band took a harder rock direction with jazz overtones.
The line-up of the band was completed with the addition of guitarist ANDY GEE, drummer DAVE LUTTON (formerly with Heavy Jelly and The Grease Band) and bass player JIM LEVERTON (formerly with FAT MATTRESS and JUICY LUCY). Championed by former JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE drummer MITCH MITCHELL, the band secured a contract with Epic Records in 1972 and recorded their debut album the same year, produced by well-known admirer, ROGER DALTREY. Their follow up album "Why Not?” was produced by MIKE VERNON and saw NICK SOUTH replace Jim Leverton, but ELLIS continued the fine musical direction established on their first record.
This Esoteric Recordings edition has been remastered from the original Epic master tapes and features a booklet that restores the original album artwork and includes a new essay.
This product is released June 30 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. GOODBYE BOREDOM
2. OPUS 17 ¾
3. FUTURE PASSED
4. LOUD & LAZY LOVE SONGS
5. OPEN ROAD
6. ALL BEFORE
7. LEAVING IN THE MORNING
8. MIGHTY MYSTIC LADY
9. WE NEED THE MONEY TOO
Our Price: £10.95
Track listing as above.
Origins: A Landmarq Anthology 1991-2014
• As they approach their 25th anniversary year in 2015, UK Prog-rockers Landmarq release their first ever anthology – a compilation of some of the best of the band's work from 1991 to the present.
• Featuring two outstanding, multi-award-winning vocalists - Tracy Hitchings (1998-present) and Damian Wilson (1991-1995) - "Origins” is released as a double-CD set, comprising:
• Disc One – 'The Tracy Years’ features a mix of studio and live recordings from Landmarq with Tracy Hitchings, plus a brand new track, also entitled ‘Origins’. This previously unreleased track was written and recorded by the band especially for this release and has been produced by Landmarq’s own multi-award-winning keyboard player and producer, Mike Varty.
• Disc Two – 'The Damian Years’ includes long-time favourite tracks from Landmarq’s first three studio albums featuring the band's original singer Damian Wilson, now internationally acclaimed as a singer-songwriter and lead vocalist of Threshold, as well as for his work with Rick Wakeman's English Rock Ensemble, Headspace, Star One and Maiden uniteD.
• This stunning collection from Landmarq's significant back catalogue, plus the exclusive brand new song ‘Origins’, is sure to appeal to existing fans of all eras of the band, as well as serving as a great introduction for anyone discovering Landmarq for the first time.
DISC ONE - THE TRACY YEARS
1. SCIENCE OF COINCIDENCE
3. BETWEEN SLEEPING AND DREAMING*
4. TAILSPIN (LET GO THE LINE)*
5. AFTER I DIED SOMEWHERE*
7. TURBULENCE (PARADIGM SHIFT)
8. PERSONAL UNIVERSE
9. ORIGINS (NEW SONG)
* LIVE VERSION
DISC TWO - THE DAMIAN YEARS
1. KILLING FIELDS
2. FOREVER YOUNG
4. SOLITARY WITNESS
5. TA JIANG
7. PINEWOOD AVENUE
9. BED OF NAILS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 19TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Click here to buy purchase from Itunes
Our Price: £11.95
click to see more