• PATRICK ADAMS should be familiar with many BBR fans given his extensive influence as a musician, songwriter and producer in the dance music field from the 1970's onwards. Born in Harlem, N.Y.C., Adams has contributed to no less than 32 gold and platinum releases, primarily for Salsoul and Prelude Records as well as major labels such as Atlantic. Adams has worked with some of the premier vocalists and musicians in dance music including Sister Sledge, Loleatta Holloway, Jocelyn Brown and Leroy Burgess to name only a very few, as well as bands such as Musique, Logg and Universal Robot Band. His influence is still very strong today in contemporary dance music productions.
• In 1978 Adams embarked on one of his most critically acclaimed dance music projects which he called PHREEK. The name having been inspired by his musical cohorts, including the legendary Disco writer Vince Aletti, who described Adams music as having a "Phreeky” quality.
• The most well known of the tracks from PATRICK ADAMS presents PHREEK bookend this superb album. "Weekend” and "Have A Good Day,” were released on the same 12” single (the only single from the album) with the former being the lead track. Both tracks have become legendary on dance floors across the world since they were released. "Weekend” is an absolute disco classic, with its funky bass line and beats underneath those crisp hi-hats which then make space for the superbly arranged orchestral chorus that cannot be denied, alongside the intricate percussive interludes that keep you rooted to the floor. It's hard to find a truer example of dance floor freedom as you're invited to "find a friend, to spend the weekend.”
• Other standout tracks on PHREEK are "Have A Good Day,” another dance classic with all the right elements, "May My Love Be With You,” a low tempo funky jam with a spoken-word style vocal to match its musical mood, and "I'm A Big Freak (R U 1 2)” where Adams tells us proudly where his head is at and asks the listener to free themselves too.
• BBR is very proud to present the Disco/Dance classic PATRICK ADAMS presents PHREEK, lovingly remastered and repackaged complete with extensive liner notes and added bonus content.
2. EVERYBODY LOVES A GOOD THING
3. MAY MY LOVE BE WITH YOU
4. MUCH TO MUCH
5. I'M A BIG FREAK (R U 1 2)
6. HAVE A GOOD DAY
7. WEEKEND (12 "Disco Mix)
8. HAVE A GOOD DAY (12” Disco Mix)
Our Price: £9.95
Track listing above
A DELUXE TWO
DISC EDITION OF THE CLASSIC ALBUM BY QUATERMASS
FEATURING A CD
OF A NEW STEREO MIX OF THE ALBUM BY THE BAND’s PETER ROBINSON WITH THREE BONUS
TRACKS (TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
AN NTSC /
REGION FREE DVD OF A NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM BY PETER ROBINSON
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the
release of a Two disc Deluxe edition of the self titled album by QUATERMASS.
Originally released in 1970 on the Harvest label, "Quatermass” is one of the
most remarkable albums of the era. Featuring PETER ROBINSON (Keyboards), JOHN
GUSTAFSON (Bass, Vocals) and MICK UNDERWOOD (Drums, Percussion), Quatermass
were one of the most imaginative groups of the Progressive era. Their unique
brand of powerful progressive rock encompassed classical music and hard rock, a
unique combination that influenced contemporaries such as Deep Purple (indeed
Ritchie Blackmore covered "Black Sheep of the Family” on the first Rainbow
This Esoteric Recordings edition features stunning
new mixes by Peter Robinson in both Stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound, along with
three bonus tracks, two of which are previously unreleased.
The set also features a lavishly illustrated
booklet with new essay written by Peter Robinson.
Release Date: 24/06/2013
Our Price: £11.99
click to see more