• BBR is proud to bring you STREET SENSE, the fifth instalment of our Salsoul Orchestra reissues .
• THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA was the brainchild of once MFSB member and legendary vibraphonist, Vince Montana Jr. Formed in 1974, THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA, house band for the remarkable Salsoul Records, sometimes featured up to 50 members amongst its ranks including a number of former musicians from MFSB, and fused elements of Funk, Latin, Disco and Philly Soul into their compositions. Conducted and arranged by Montana, THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA began an eight-year recording period in 1975 releasing eleven sensational albums during that time featuring production input from, Stan Lucas, Patrick Adams and Bunny Sigler through the years.
• Recorded at the famous Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia, STREET SENSE was the first Salsoul Orchestra LP that Montana was not involved in, due to a dispute with the label. Legendary DJ and remixer Tom Moulton took on production duties with Salsoul stalwart Thor Baldursson arranging and conducting.
• Standout tracks include the opener ‘Zambezi,’ a driving, funky instrumental penned by Donny Hathaway and Richard Evans, ‘Burning Spear,’ another instrumental classic by Evans given the Salsoul treatment, title track ‘Street Sense,’ a full on dance track with an anthemic vocal chant and pulsing strings, and ‘212 North 12th,’ a funky bass driven jam with great synth and strings. Closer ‘Sun After The Rain,’ co-written by Bebu Silvetti and a worthwhile cover of Jefferson Airplane's ‘Somebody To Love’ completes the set.
• This newly remastered, fully expanded edition comes packaged complete with extensive liner notes and added bonus content making this BBR Remaster a must have for all Funk, Soul, Disco, R&B and Philly Soul fans out there!
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more