• Christopher H. "Chris" Jasper (born December 30, 1951, Cincinnati, Ohio) was an integral member of both The Isley Brothers and Isley-Jasper-Isley. He also went on to become a successful solo artist and record producer, recording a number of his own solo albums, and producing artists for his New York based record label, Gold City Records. His keyboard and Moog synthesizer work was a primary ingredient of The Isley Brothers sound of the 1970s and 1980s.
• Jasper is a classically trained musician and composer having studied at the Julliard School of Music in New York City where he received a degree in music composition. After jamming with Ernie and Marvin Isley, Jasper was asked to join their older brothers group, The Isley Brothers in 1969, with Jasper first appearing on the groups "It’s Your Thing” album from the same year.
• After unprecedented success with the Isley Brothers throughout the 1970’s Jasper, along with Ernie and Marvin Isley, formed Isley-Jasper-Isley in 1984 and had success with the huge hit ‘Caravan Of Love,’ written and produced by Jasper.
• Jasper released his first solo album SUPERBAD in 1987 on which he was able to fully realize his own sound. The title track was released as a single and with its message of positive education gave Jasper a #3 R&B hit. There are many other strong tracks on the album including the #12 R&B hit ‘One Time Love,’ ‘Earthquake,’ ‘Dance For The Dollar’ and ‘Soul Train.’
• BBR is proud to present SUPERBAD in fully expanded and newly re-mastered glory, complete with extensive liner notes that feature a new interview with Chris and added bonus material.
• This BBR re-master is a must have for all R&B, Soul, Funk and Eighties Pop fans out there!