• Cavin Yarbrough and Alisa Peoples were childhood friends from Dallas, Texas who went on to have great chart success as an R&B duo through the 1980's. While on tour as a backing vocalist with Leon Russell in the late 1970's Cavin met the Wilson Brothers from The Gap Band, who in turn introduced Cavin to their collaborator Lonnie Simmons and his Total Experience Recording Studios who produced the duos debut album and later signed them to his Total Experience label, joining The Gap Band on the roster.
• Yarbrough & Peoples debut album, THE TWO OF US was released through Mercury Records in 1980 and quickly achieved both critical and commercial success. The album gained Gold status hitting the top spot on the Billboard R&B album chart as well as peaking at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100.
• The duos first single and opening track on the album ‘Don't Stop The Music,’ is a superb slice of bubbling, sultry, down tempo dance floor funk that is well known to R&B, Funk and Hip-Hop fans. It spent several weeks on top of the R&B charts, hit #19 Pop and #26 Dance as well as braking the top ten in the Netherlands and the U.K., before going on to be sampled over 20 times in the Hip-Hop arena.
• THE TWO OF US is a mostly upbeat, and certainly a very expansive and beautifully produced R&B/Soul album boasting great tracks like the second single ‘Third Degree’ (R&B #74), an upbeat boogie soul number in the vein of Stevie Wonder, ‘Crazy,’ an intense, lushly orchestrated funky groove, the smooth and soulful ‘Want You Back Again’ and the heartfelt ballad ‘Two Of Us.’
• BBR is very proud to present THE TWO OF US, expertly remastered and complete with extensive liner notes and bonus tracks.
• THE TWO OF US is absolutely essential listening for all R&B, Soul, Funk and Disco fans.
1. DON'T STOP THE MUSIC
3. THIRD DEGREE
4. EASY TONIGHT
5. WANT YOU BACK AGAIN
6. COME TO ME
7. YOU'RE MY SONG
8. TWO OF US
9. I BELIEVE I'M FALLING IN LOVE
10. DON'T STOP THE MUSIC (SINGLE VERSION)
11. THIRD DEGREE (SINGLE VERSION)
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more