• In the 1960s, The Hep Stars were Sweden’s biggest band – inspiring screams and Beatles-like devotion. For the first time outside Sweden, Like We Used To: The Anthology 1965-1967 collects them at their peak, from being one of the era’s wildest bands – emphasised on the live tracks – to performers of affecting songs with a yearning atmosphere.
• The band’s songwriter Benny Andersson later achieved global fame with ABBA and Like We Used To features classic early compositions, including the first-ever song he wrote. Also collected is a rare early collaboration with his future ABBA companion Björn Ulvaeus – the first song they wrote together.
• Tracks are taken direct from the master tapes as they were meant to be heard in the Sixties – in the original mono. There is no after-the-fact stereo. Exploring the original masters turned up versions of songs either not issued at the time or released in territories beyond Sweden, including three versions intended for, but not used for, English release.
• Like We Used To: The Anthology 1965-1967 complements RPM International’s reissue of The Hep Stars’ 1968 album It's Been A Long Long Time (Retro 935).
• The fully illustrated booklet includes an exclusive interview with The Hep Stars' charismatic frontman Svenne Hedlund. Like We Used To: The Anthology 1965-1967 is essential for any fan of the best music from the Sixties. And also essential for any fan of ABBA.
N.B: This title is released March 23 and will not be dispatched before his date.
1. FARMER JOHN
3. BALD HEADED WOMAN
4. NO RESPONSE
5. SO MYSTIFYING
6. SHOULD I
7. SUNNY GIRL
10. NO TIME
11. ISN’T IT EASY TO SAY
12. LADY LADY
13. MORNING COMES AFTER NIGHT
15. IT’S NICE TO BE BACK
16. SHE WILL LOVE YOU
17. LIKE YOU USED TO DO
18. CHRISTMAS ON MY MIND
19. CADILLAC (LIVE VERSION)
20. WHAT I’D SAY (LIVE VERSION)
21. SO MYSTIFYING (LIVE VERSION)
22. SURFIN’ BIRD (LIVE VERSION)
23. TALLAHASSEE LASSIE (LIVE VERSION)
24. NO RESPONSE (LIVE VERSION)
25. FARMER JOHN (LIVE VERSION)