Contains TWO Episodes: Luftwaffe Bombers and Luftwaffe Fighters of World War Two.
Hitler's Luftwaffe seemed invincible in the 1930s with its 'rehearsal' in the Spanish Civil War, and its Blitzkrieg tactics used in overrunning the bulk of Europe at the beginning of the Second World War. German Luftwaffe Bombers with names such as Junkers, Heinkel and Dornier brought fear to the hearts and minds of the civilized world.
- Luftwaffe Bombers presents a detailed look at the twin-engined Junkers Ju 88, while rarely seen archive film gives us a pilot's eye cockpit view during a stunning engine failure sequence.
- Heinkel's He 111 bomber also boasts detailed in-cockpit sequences. There is extremely rare footage of the He 111 'Zwilling' - which was two of the bombers welded together! The He 177 and the screaming Junkers Ju 87 'Stuka' dive bomber are also prominently featured.
- A section on the Dornier Do 17 and Do 217 completes this exceptional look at one of the most feared bomber forces in military history.
- Luftwaffe Fighters begins with an in-depth look at the Me 109. Incredible footage shows the captured German fighter in blistering action.
- Messerschmitt tried a new concept in fighters with its twin engined Me Bf 110.
- The Me 210 could be converted from fighter to light bomber. It also boasted two remote control rear firing guns either side of the fuselage. There is also rare colour footage of the unique Me 410.
- The vaults of The Imperial War Museum have also provided stunning footage of a captured Fw 190 in the hands of the RAF.
- Quizcraft (1942, 9 mins): World War Two Aircraft Recognition Training Quiz.
Time: 136 mins approx
Region: 0 / PAL
Sound: Stereo / English
Picture: 1.33:1 / Colour / Black and White
Number of Discs: 1
Our Price: £11.99