• For the first-time ever, beyond its rocky shores, Poppsaga reveals the music the Sugarcubes generation grew up with. This is the story of Iceland’s pop scene before the outside world discovered its unique twist on music.
• From the pure, Beatle-esque pop of Pelican to the glam-rock of Change, from the disco-influenced Poker to the yearning intimacy of Jóhann G. Jóhannssonn, Poppsaga collects music which would have entranced the world if the dice had rolled differently.
• In the 70s, Iceland wanted to be heard by the outside world: Pelican recorded in and toured America; Change recorded in London and had a British release; Jóhann G. Jóhannsson recorded at London’s legendary Olympic Studios with Madeline Bell and ex-Jeff Beck drummer Micky Waller. Finally, these Icelandic artists are receiving the exposure they deserved.
• Poppsaga includes special liner notes by Icelandic music expert and host of the country’s television pop quiz Dr. Gunni – Gunnar Lárus Hjálmarsson – also the author of Stuð Vors lands, the definitive history of Iceland's music which, as Blue Eyed Pop, became the first book in English on the subject.
1. JENNY DARLING - Pelican
2. LAZY LONDON LADY - Change
3. SUPERMAN - Paradis
4. WOMAN OF OUR DAY - Svanfríður
5. DON’T TRY TO FOOL ME - Jóhann G. Jóhannsson
6. WHAT´S HIDDEN THERE - Svanfríður
7. YAKETTY YAK, SMACKETTY SMACK - Change
8. I NEED A WOMAN - Jóhann G. Jóhannsson
9. DAYS PASS ME BY - Celsius
10. BLUE JEAN QUEEN – Magnus Thor
11. POKER - DRIVING IN THE CITY - Poker
12. PARADÍS – RABBITS - Paradis
13. JOE THE MAD ROCKER - Jóhann G. Jóhannsson
14. MARY JANE – Magnus & Johann
15. GET ON TO A SURE THING - Poker
16. CANDY GIRL – The Pal Brothers
17. MY GLASSES - Pelican
18. TAKE ME TO THE SUN - Poker
19. POKER - Celsius
Our Price: £9.95