Theme To Eutopia / Why Do You Cry My Love / The Colour Of My Love / Cr1_azy Days / Eloise / My Mama / I Will Bring You Love / Love Is On The Way / What's That Sleeping In My Bed? / You Don't Know What You're Doing / Kristan Astra Bella / The Hunt / Sunday Theme / Swallow Fly Away / Sunrise In The Morning / Isn't That Wild / Man Alive / Makin' Eyes / No Living Without Her Love / Sea Of Tranquillity / I See You / Feeling Unwell / Where Have You Been? / Look To The Right, Look To The Left / Oh For The Love Of Me
On This Holy Night / Christmas With Chet Atkins
• Vocalist-arranger Anita Kerr and Guitarist-producer Chet Atkins were two of the architects of the Nashville Sound that transformed country music in the late 1950s and early 60s.
• A consummate Django Reinhardt / Andrés Segovia influenced guitarist who, in addition to a successful solo career, worked with Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers and Jim Reeves, Chet Atkins eventually ran RCA's A & R department in Nashville, signing such million-selling talents as Floyd Cramer, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton to the label.
• Anita Kerr is without doubt one of the greatest musicians America has produced. During those halcyon days she provided high-quality vocal arrangements and wrote string parts for literally hundreds of Nashville Sound sessions. She arranged both orchestra and chorus for such big hits as Skeeter Davis's 'End of the World' and Roy Orbison's monumental 'Only the Lonely'. Her stamp was on the city's music. Chet Atkins felt that Kerr "gave a sophistication and smoothness to country music that made it so much more palatable to audiences all over the world."
• This Christmas edition combines On This Holy Night, which Anita Kerr and her singers recorded for the Nashville-based music publisher services organisation SESAC in 1959, with the delightful Christmas with Chet Atkins, a superlative set which, with backing from Kerr, showcases Chet's traditional, classical and modern pop influences with tremendous verve. It is unarguably one of the best seasonal records ever made.
• The package is completed by a selection of other fine Christmas productions involving the Kerr Singers; Bobby Helms famous 1958 recording of Jingle Bell Rock with its original flip-side, Captain Santa Claus, and some charmingly goofy selections from organist Lenny Dee, signed off by Kerr herself as - under one of her singers many pseudonyms - The Holidays.
Please Note: This title is released November 17 and will not be dispatched before this date.
THE ANITA KERR SINGERS ON THIS HOLY NIGHT
1. ON THIS HOLY NIGHT
2. BRING A TORCH, JEANETTE, ISABELLA
3. THE COVENTRY CAROL
4. DECK THE HALLS
5. A CHILD IS BORN IN BETHLEHEM
6. WHERE WILL THE BABY LAY
7. GO, TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAINS
8. THE CHERRY TREE CAROL
9. SLEEP, SWEET JESUS, SLEEP
10. THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
11. CHRISTMAS IS THE DAY
12. RISE UP, SHEPHERD, AND FOLLER
CHRISTMAS WITH CHET ATKINS
13. JINGLE BELL ROCK
14. WINTER WONDERLAND
15. JOLLY OLD ST. NICHOLAS
16. WHITE CHRISTMAS
17. BLUE CHRISTMAS
18. JINGLE BELLS
19. SILVER BELLS
20. LITTLE DRUMMER BOY
21. MEDLEY (THE COVENTRY CAROL / GOD REST YE MERRY, GENTLEMEN)
22. THE FIRST NOEL
23. HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SING
24. O' COME ALL YE FAITHFUL
25. DECK THE HALLS
26. SILENT NIGHT
27. JINGLE BELL ROCK
28. CAPTAIN SANTA CLAUS
29. SLEIGH RIDE
30. MISTER SANTA
31. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE
32. AULD LANG SYNE
33. A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more