The Unmistakeable Sound of Independence since 1978 | Call to order: +44 (0)20 8996 3120
A sparkling collection of prime British Pop Psych of proven appeal to 60’s collectors, Apple collectors.
• Promoted as the first protégé’s of the Beatles in 1968.
• Boasting the remarkable song writing talent of George Alexander, signed to Apple Music publishing in 1967.
• The London based quartet Grapefruit recorded their first set of Alexander songs through 1967-1968. All are included here.
• Representing the Grapefruit sound as it existed before the LP of 1969.
• Lullaby was committed to tape at Advision Studios and produced by John Lennon & Paul McCartney. The speeded up stereo version is included here, released for the first time. (This follows the mono version recently released on vinyl only).
• Six previously unreleased songs are included, plus thirteen tracks recently discovered on master tapes , including multi-tracks.
• A sparkling collection of prime British Pop Psych of proven appeal to 60’s collectors, Apple collectors.
1. DEAR DELILAH
2. DEAD BOOT
3. BREAKING UP A DREAM *
4. LULLABY (SPED UP STEREO VERSION)**
5. ANOTHER GAME
7. YES **
8. AINT IT GOOD **
9. SWEET LITTLE MISS NO NAME * / **
10. ROUND AND ROUND (AKA ROUND GOING ROUND) **
11. SOMEDAY (ALT. VSN) * / **
12. SOMEBODY’S TURNING ON THE PEOPLE * / **
13. TRYING TO MAKE IT TO MONDAY
14. C’MON MARIANNE (MARYANNE) **
15. THEME FOR A LONELY QUEEN (AKA TWIGGY) **
16. THIS LITTLE MAN (ALT. VSN) **
17. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO(AKA LEARN TO LOVE ME) */**
18. YESTERDAY’S SUNSHINE **
19. SOMEDAY SOON
20. ONE MORE TRY * / **
* prev unreleased
** new tape transfer / multi track mix.