• Now, for the first time ever, “The Sweetest Illusion”, the third solo album from BASIA, has been digitally remastered and expanded.
• The deluxe edition of “The Sweetest Illusion” follows the success of “Time And Tide” and “London Warsaw New York”, BASIA’s debut and sophomore albums, respectively. Deluxe editions of both titles were released on the Cherry Pop label and continue to be strong sellers.
• Originally released in 1994, “The Sweetest Illusion” (US #27, JAPAN #6) reached platinum sales status in the US and sold very well in France, Germany, Japan, and Southeast Asia.
• Two singles were lifted from the album including ‘Drunk On Love’ (US #1 Dance, UK #41) and ‘Third Time Lucky’.
• Basia defined the smooth jazz radio format in the US in the late 80s and early 90s. She became one of their signature artists and went on to sell over 6 million albums in the US.
• This 3CD deluxe edition features 42 tracks including the original 11-song album alongside 31 bonus tracks, 13 of which are previously unreleased. Two tracks make their first appearance on CD.
• The bonus material on this collection features all of the singles, b-sides, remixes, and alternate versions that were released during the promotion of the original album. Additionally, an instrumental version of the original album is featured as part of this deluxe edition. Nearly all of the instrumental mixes have remained unreleased until now.
• This 3 disc set comes with a beautifully designed, carefully researched, and spectaculary deatailed 24-page full colour booklet that contains brand new liner notes, lyrics, photos, an illustrated discography, comprehensive credits, and written contributions from producer Dave Bascombe, plus track annotations from Basia and Danny White.