• 1989’s Brit Awards ‘Album Of The Year’
• Includes ‘Perfect’, 1989’s Brit Awards ‘Single Of The Year’
• Plus NINE previously unreleased recordings – FOUR previously unreleased songs and FIVE demos
• And EIGHT other non-album tracks only previously issued on long out of print ‘Live In Japan’ release
• Plus the singles ‘Clare’, ‘A Smile And A Whisper’ and ‘Find My Love’ and B-sides
• Compiled with songwriter and bandleader Mark Nevin
• Sleevenotes include interviews with both Mark Nevin and singer Eddi Reader
Based around the brilliant songwriting of founder Mark Nevin and the remarkable voice of Eddi Reader, Fairground Attraction established themselves overnight as one of the UK’s most popular bands of the late 1980s with the release of the classic single ‘Perfect’ and its parent album ‘The First Of A Million Kisses’.
Both single and album won Brit Awards in 1989 and the band toured extensively, including a trip to Japan, and began preparing material for their follow up record. But within days of beginning to record that album, the band fell apart, never to reconvene.
This release captures both the timeless, beautiful debut album and ten songs intended for its follow-up, including both live and never before heard studio recordings. Also included are a selection of newly unearthed demos including tracks destined for the ‘First Of A Million Kisses’ album, and two tracks which weren’t included on the final record.