· NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1968 DEBUT ALBUM BY PROCOL HARUM
· REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES
· FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES BY HENRY SCOTT-IRVINE
· REVIEWS IN NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS, “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR” & “CLASSIC ROCK PROG” MAGAZINES
· COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1968 self-titled debut album by PROCOL HARUM. Released in January 1968, the record followed on from the huge international success of the band’s debut single ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’ and the follow up single ‘Homburg’.
One of the finest releases of the era “Procol Harum” captured the exquisite song writing of Gary Brooker and Keith Reid and the excellence of the musicians in the group, namely Gary Brooker (voice, piano), Robin Trower (lead guitar), David Knights (bass guitar), B.J. Wilson (drums) and Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ). The overall result was a collection of songs that would prove to be truly ground breaking, despite only having being released in Mono at the insistence of producer Denny Cordell.
Newly re-mastered from the original tapes, this edition of “Procol Harum” has been expanded to include four bonus tracks.
2. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE
3. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME
5. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF)
6. A CHRISTMAS CAMEL
8. SALAD DAYS (ARE HERE AGAIN)
9. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK
10. REPENT WALPURGIS
11. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE
12. LIME STREET BLUES
14. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK (SINGLE VERSION)
PLEASE NOTE THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 29TH JUNE 2015 AND WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DAT
TRACK LIST AS ABOVE