• Remastered sophomore release from trip-hop legend and Massive Attack co-founder
• Follow up to the classic ‘Maxinquaye’ (UK Top 5)
• Contains the hit singles ‘Christiansands’, ‘Makes Me Wanna Die’ and ‘Tricky Kid’, three non-album B-Sides and two classic remixes
• Packed with samples, from The Commodores and The Specials to Erik B and Doug E Fresh.
• ‘Piano’ remixed by A Guy Called Gerald
• Sleevenotes by Paul McGuinness (Record Collector)
Following his debut ‘Maxinquaye’ was never going to be an easy task for Tricky – the record defined a sound and a generation, and took abstract, stoned hip hop into the UK charts and around the world in the mid-1990s – but ‘Pre-Millennium Tension’ managed that comfortably.
Densely packed with Tricky’s trademark choking, paranoid beats, intelligent scepticism and guttural rhyme technique, and boasting three successful singles, this album took the Bristolian to a far deeper, murkier level than his debut. So much so that Q Magazine dubbed ‘Pre-Millennium Tension’ one of the 50 ‘Heaviest Albums Of All Time’.
Well-received by both fans and critics, and featuring long-time collaborator, the brilliant Martina Topley-Bird, ‘Pre-Millennium Tension’ is ripe for rediscovery.
Remastered, and replete with sleeve essay from Record Collector’s Paul McGuinness.
3. TRICKY KID
4. BAD DREAMS
5. MAKES ME WANNA DIE
6. GHETTO YOUTH
7. SEX DRIVE
8. BAD THINGS
9. LYRICS OF FURY
10. MY EVIL IS STRONG
13. DEVIL’S HELPER
14. GRASS ROOTS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.