Our mail order service is still open for business and we can still deliver on time in the majority of cases. Please be aware that due to the global pandemic, some delivery services may be experiencing a slight delay! Dismiss
**Exclusive offer: the first 100 copies to be bought direct through us will be signed!**
For the first time ever, here are the Tyla Gang’s complete recordings across three CDs, including many tracks which appear on CD for the first time.
Out of stock
• For the first time ever, here are the Tyla Gang’s complete recordings across three CDs, including many tracks which appear on CD for the first time.
• Frontman Sean Tyla is currently celebrating his 70th birthday and will be performing several gigs to coincide with this momentous occasion!
• Sean had previously fronted Pub Rock favourites Ducks Deluxe, a popular live draw who released two albums on RCA. After they disbanded, Sean Tyla formed Tyla Gang in late 1975. The following year, they issued a one-off single for Stiff Records, ‘Styrofoam’, which was followed by ‘Suicide Jockey’ on French label Skydog.
• The Tyla Gang then signed to Beserkley Records, resulting in two promising albums, the critically acclaimed Yachtless (1977) and follow-up Moonproof (1978). The band started making a third album but disbanded before it was completed and Sean Tyla embarked on a prolific solo career. More recently, Sean has reformed The Tyla Gang for live shows and new recordings.
• Both the Tyla Gang’s studio albums appear on Pool Hall Punks in their entirety, alongside salvaged sessions from their third album, non-album singles and B-sides, all three John Peel sessions (the first of which has never been reissued), two tracks from an Old Grey Whistle Test appearance (again, never released on CD), various tracks which Sean recorded under different guises (Spitballs, Speedballs, etc.) and a clutch of live tracks from different shows, including their contributions to the famous Pub Rock LP Hope & Anchor Front Row Festival.
• Housed in a tidy card wallet combo, Pool Hall Punks also boasts an exclusive Q&A interview with Sean Tyla, reproductions of many rare images from the period and boasts remastered sound quality.