• A NEWLY REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1973 ALBUM BY MAN GUITARIST DEKE LEONARD
• WITH 6 BONUS TRACKS (3 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES
• ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY BY MICHAEL HEATLEY
Best known as a member of the legendary Welsh band MAN, Deke Leonard also enjoyed a successful solo career in the early 1970s. Having departed Man in 1972, he was briefly a member of HELP YOURSELF before pursuing a solo career, recording two albums in quick succession for the United Artists label.
The first of these classic albums was “ICEBERG”. Recorded between October 1972 and January 1973 at Rockfield studios in Monmouth and Olympic studios in Barnes, London, the album would feature contributions from MARTIN ACE (bass), PAUL BURTON (bass), DAVE CHARLES (drums), MICKY JONES (guitar) & TERRY WILLIAMS (drums) among others. The album was greeted with critical acclaim and led Deke to form the band ICEBERG with BRIAN BREEZE (guitar), PAUL BURTON (bass) and KEITH HODGE (drums) who subsequently toured with MAN.
This Esoteric Recordings edition has been newly remastered from the original master tapes and features 6 bonus tracks, three of which are previously unreleased, drawn from singles released in 1973 and sessions for the “Iceberg” album. The reissue also includes an illustrated booklet with an essay by Michael Heatley.
NB: This title is released 23rd Feb 2015 and will not be dispatched until this date.
1. RAZORBLADE AND RATTLESNAKE
2. I JUST CAN’T WIN
4. NOTHING IS HAPPENING
5. LOOKING FOR A MAN
6. A HARD WAY TO LIVE
7. BROKEN OVATION
9. TEN THOUSAND TAKERS
10. THE GHOST OF MUSKET FLAT
11. CROSBY (SECOND CLASS CITIZEN BLUES)
12. 7171 551
13. DIAMOND ROAD
14. TURNING IN CIRCLES
A & B SIDE OF SINGLE
15. THE ACHING IS SO SWEET
B-SIDE OF SINGLE
16. NOTHING IS HAPPENING (SINGLE MIX)
17. THE FOUR CORNERS OF HELL (INSTRUMENTAL BACKING TRACK)
18. AFTERBURNER BOOGIE
RECORDED DURING SESSIONS FOR “ICEBERG”