· REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL CHARISMA MASTER TAPES
· WITH SEVEN BONUS TRACKS (SIX PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
· BOOKLET WITH NEW ESSAY & INTERVIEW WITH HOWARD WERTH
· REVIEWS IN “CLASSIC ROCK”, “PROG”, UNCUT”, “MOJO”,”RECORD COLLECTOR”
· COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
ESOTERIC RECORDINGS are pleased to announce the release of a newly remastered and expanded edition of the classic 1970 album by the legendary Progressive Rock group AUDIENCE, “Friend’s Friend’s Friend”. Along with GENESIS and VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR, Audience were one of the key bands on the roster of the Famous Charisma Label in the early 1970s.
Comprising HOWARD WERTH (Vocals, Electric Nylon String Guitar), KEITH GEMMELL (Saxophone, Clarinet, Recorder, Flute), TREVOR WILLIAMS (Bass, Vocals) and TONY CONNOR (drums, percussion, vibes), Audience had a fanatical following, particularly on the continent, where their jazz-influenced brand of Progressive Rock proved popular (earning the band Top Ten status in Italy).
“Friend’s Friend’s Friend”, released in May 1970, was the band’s first album for the newly established Charisma Records and brought the band to a wider European audience.
This Esoteric Recordings reissue includes 7 bonus tracks, (six previously unreleased) and has been remastered from the original Charisma master tapes. It features a booklet with restored artwork and an essay by Sid Smith with an exclusive interview with Howard Werth.
1. NOTHING YOU DO
2. BELLADONNA MOONSHINE
3. IT BRINGS A TEAR
4. THE RAID
5. RIGHT ON THEIR SIDE
6. EBONY VARIATIONS
8. FRIEND’S FRIEND’S FRIEND
9. THE BIG SPELL
B-SIDE OF SINGLE
10. NOTHING YOU DO (1971 REMIX)
11. BELLADONNA MOONSHINE (1971 REMIX)
12. IT BRINGS A TEAR (1971 REMIX)
13. THE RAID (1971 REMIX)
14. EBONY VARIATIONS (1971 REMIX)
15. PRIESTESS (1971 REMIX)
1971 TRIDENT STUDIOS REMIXES BY GUS DUDGEON: PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED